Peavey Ultra Combo-Fuse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Peavey Ultra Combo-Fuse?

Pick up the correct 3 amp fuse ASAP. That fuse is protecting your amp. Replacing it with a 4 amp fuse could cause damage if something were to go wrong. Make sure you get the exact type of fuse too. They come in fast acting and slow blo.

Comment

it's okay to use a fuse that is of lower amperage if you really have to, but never use one that is of higher amperage. get the 3A slow-blow fuse.

Comment

Don't assume its a slo blow fuse. If you arent sure, give me the exact part # that is on the fuse. It is marked on the metal ends. Most likely the fuse is a glass fuse made by either Bussman or Littlefuse.

Comment

When there's a problem w/your amp, the fuse blows BEFORE anything else can get damaged. Putting a higher rated fuse is just going to let more damage get 'past' the fuse. NEVER put a higher rated fuse than what's in there. I wouldn't turn the amp back on until I had the correct type and amperage fuse in there.
          Pete

Comment

I appreciate that guys. I threw the old tube away, but I do remember it saying 3A and 250V on the fuse, that is all I remember. Jack.

Comment

OK, it is a Bussman fuse and it is a AGC-4 on the box and 250V on the fuse. Now, this isn`t the one that came out of the amp, I have these around as I use to use 4A and 1A in my now gone VHT Pittbull. Thanks-Jack.

Comment

I would go to the Peavey site and see if the manual specifies the fuse type. If not get on their forum or call them up and ask. You don't want to fry your amp becasue you're lazy about knowing what size and type of fuse. A slo-blo in place of a fast-acting fuse can be like using vinegar instead of oil in your car engine. A small problem could become the death of that amp you like.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Thanks bro!! I will call Peavey on Monday. Jack.

Comment

Working...
                  X