Vetta vs. HD147

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vetta vs. HD147

Which one is more "heavy"? Line6 says the HD is geared for high gain models. Are they the same models in the Vetta? Is the HD a somewhat stripped down Vetta? It somewhat looks like it.
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Re: Vetta vs. HD147

The HD147 is more of a revved up Flextone than a stripped down Vetta.

Comment

is that good or bad?

Comment

The Line 6 models are the Line 6 models no matter which product you find them in. I believe the HD147 features a subset of the amp, cab, & effects models found in the Vetta along with a very stripped-down user interface. Lots of stuff you'd get by moving up to the Vetta you likely won't ever use but the things I'd definitely miss in an HD147 include: the dynamics stompboxes, the double tracker, and the two amps at once feature. There're certainly many more missing features but those are IMHO enough to justify bypassing the HD147 in favor of the Vetta.
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

The HD 147 just has all the hi gain amps that the Vetta/ Vetta II has.

Comment

Plus you can actually change a lot more parameters on the Vetta vs the HD147 'at the gig' - you'll have to hook up the HD147 to a PC to deep edit it. That's one tradeoff for having no LCDs on the amp.

Pete

Comment

Cool i read that the Vetta 1 can be patched. Will I be limiting myself by getting a 1 and patching it? Does it have the same processors as a Vetta 2. Any reason I should favor a 2 over a 1.

Comment

There's a set of digital I/O jacks that are included with the Vetta II but must be added to the Vetta I via a plug-in card. If you install the card a Vetta I is, for all intents and purposes, the same as a Vetta II in every respect other than appearance.
                Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Ok thanks guys. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet but I've got to scale down and looking at options.

Comment

I tried a HD 147 and loved it. I ended up with Brads Vetta combo and the models that it shares with the HD 147 are the same. The Vetta offers so much more. THat can be a good or a bad thing depending on the user. I love it.
                    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Ok, That's good to know.
                      I tried a Duoverb combo once it was very "vintagey" but it looked like that was the target market. GC was clearing the out stupid cheap like $299 I should have gotten it and flipped it, LOL
                      That and people with Spiders and Spider 2's are my experience with Line 6.

Comment

Hey hey. If you are intersted, I may be selling my HD 147 and L6 2x12 cab. PM me for info.
                        LATER!!!
                        H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

i had a hd147 and currently own a vetta.
                          i like the hd147 alot and really liked how simple it was to use.
                          however, the 2 amps at once on the vetta sounds awesome.
                          not saying the hd147 didn't sound good, cause it did...
                          but once you try 2 amps at once setting, you can't go back.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            is that good or bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not bad! I wish thay would have a close-back combo of this amp available - my Flextone III XL would be replaced in a minute!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X