Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback Eliminator?...

Alright guys
    I seen this on Ebay (click here) and I got excited cos I thought I might be able to afford rack gear!!!
    Anyone got any experiences with them? Would it be able to wipe out microphonic feedback from shitty pickups? Do you still get some feedback or would I need to be turn it down/off?

Its fairly cheap and I thought it looked good [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

James

Re: Feedback Eliminator?...

i use one in my PA rack and it works great. i set the filters to auto and it will supress feedback within milliseconds as it occurs. i've used it weekly for 3 years and NEVER have had a problem with it.

i don't know how it would work in a guitar system. i never tried it that way.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

That sounds ace.
      I might get it for the sake of it haha.
      Ill see how much it ends for

James

Comment

I don't think it's really meant for use in a guitar rig. I did email the company and asked about it, they said it would be fine for using that way. I bought one from MF and hooked it up to my Mesa F-30 combo to try to elminate some feedback from my EMG pickups... it really didn't do shit! I promptly returned it.
        A good noise suppressor pedal like the Boss NS2 or MXR Smart Gate works wonders.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have several on my pa and they work great, never tried one on a guitar. I would think a good noise gate would work better. Look for an ISP decimator (ebay). Great peadal.

Comment

Ah right, ok. Fair do's.
            Thanks guys! I wont get this one then [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

James

Comment

I second the ISP decimator , great pedal!
              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Your better off to repair, repot or replace your microphonic pickup.

Comment

Better pickups + NS-2 infront of amp = feedback free.

Comment

Yeah Ive been planning on replacing the pickups for ages, but pickups are £70+ (or £40 if I get Kent Armstrong) and this Feedback Eliminator was £26 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    In certain parts in my band when Im playing stop start riffs I just turn the guitar down and I dont get any microphonic feeback [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

James

Comment

Working...
                    X