Digitech Death Metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digitech Death Metal

Ok, I'm curious. Years ago I had the old DOD Death Metal pedal and it was very noisy and not useful at all. Is the new Digitech one better? Have they improved it?

Re: Digitech Death Metal

Ive got one of those sitting right here on my computer desk that my cousin bought.I havent tried it out since my mode 4 has everything i need.Im going to have to plug it in on a clean channel and see how it does.
    "The cup floats pretty good till you get 2 or 3 people on it"~Vinnie Paul

Comment

Well, what did you think?

Comment

I have one for sale cheap with box and directions of you want it. Hardly used it, it is the DOD model, right before they changed the name.If you hit the clean channel with it, you get a high gain, fat, palm muting sound. It doesn`t have alot of mids, but would be great for Drop D and palm muting. Jack.

Comment

the dod one was the biggest POS crap sounding waste of money id ever heard, and that was when i'd only been playing guitar for a year :P

then i got an akai shredomatic (amazing name!) tube distortion pedal, which was shit aswell after actually using the damn thing for a couple of weeks... Boss Metalzone cured my woes!

Comment

Try the line 6 uber metal pedal. It even has a noise gate on it for palm muting riffs.
            Screamin'

Comment

try a hughes and kettner warp factor pedal.
              imo, one of the fattest sounding distortion pedals i've played.
              if you are looking for a scooped sound, it's not really it.
              think heavey palm mute and single note runs are great for it.
              i also like it cause it doesn't sound like the typical boss, dod, digetech pedals.

Comment

Yup. I have a warp pedal, I've even modded it to sound better. I was just curious if they've improved the death metal, probably not though.

Comment

I can't compare it to the old ones, but I like my Death Metal pedal. it's not noisy, and works great.

Comment

what kind of mod did you do to the warp?

Comment

I replaced two capacitors, one with a more warmer sounding, better responding cap and the other I left out. It sounds less better, however, it doesn't mute as quick as before.

Comment

Theres a demo of it on the web site.
                        www.digitech.com
                        sounds cool to me.My amp pretty much gives me everything i need but the pedal is still cool to have.I was also happy with my boss metal zone for different things.I would like to check out Scott Ians Digitech Black13 pedal as well
                        "The cup floats pretty good till you get 2 or 3 people on it"~Vinnie Paul

Comment

yeah, VERY interested to hear that Ian pedal.
                          Hear the universe scream
                          Bleeding from black holes
                          Whom horns careless
                          And whom God mourns

Comment

i have never used a dod or digitech pedal i liked. all of them seem to have this thin buzzy pissed off bee sound to them.

-Mike
                            www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Ok, I'm curious. Years ago I had the old DOD Death Metal pedal and it was very noisy and not useful at all. Is the new Digitech one better? Have they improved it?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, and No [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Working...
                              X