Digitech Death Metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Digitech Death Metal

"Metal" pedals are a joke. You're better off using your amp's distortion and boosting it with an Ibanez Tube Screamer type of pedal... the old discontinued DOD Juice Box is very nice, pretty much the same thing as the new Digitech Bad Monkey overdrive; basically their versions of the Tube Screamer.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

If you're using a solid state amp, a distortion pedal may be the best way to go. If you have a tube amp, try Toejam's idea.

As for me, I rather like the Death Metal and grunge pedal. There's better distortion out there by a longshot, but if you're looking for pedals -$100 this is the best you'll get IMHO.

Comment

Ya the DOD Grundge pedal blows most away! Especially the Death Metal! Though I dont use it anymore now that I got a Rivera!
        I love admins!

Comment

the DOD grunge pedal was my first pedal ever. At the time it was great! now I don't use it anymore.. I just plug it in once every year to play with it.. it's still ok
          "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

The Grunge pedal is very good... seems like a hotrodded Marshall tone, just could use a tiny bit more gain, IMO.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I use my Death Metal pedal as a paper weight. I'm currently running thru a GNX4
              According To The Prophecy

Comment

I had a death metal and sold it to a friend of mine. Then I bought a Boss metal Zone. Aaaaaaah the good old days. lol

Comment

The discontinued Korg Hyper Distortion is the nicest overdrive/distortion stomp I've ever heard.
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

So is the Korg 411FX which is the same thing as the Hyper Distortion with the addition of effects.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Boss Metalzone cured my woes!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

I've got the Korg, it's pretty good, but I like the H&K Warp better. The korg also works great as a direct box.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I use my Death Metal pedal as a paper weight.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Some pedals are better used on the desk, I must agree. Depends on the rig. I've gotta give the Death Metal pedal respect for fattening up a little practice amp though.

Comment

Working...
                          X