Johnson Millenium vs. Vetta, Flextone, HD147

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnson Millenium vs. Vetta, Flextone, HD147

How does the Johnson sound vs. the Line 6 heads? Any experience with these heads? I found Johnson clips and they sounded very light in the low end compared to the Line 6 gear.
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Re: Johnson Millenium vs. Vetta, Flextone, HD147

I have owned both. I think the Johnson Millenium sounds like a digitech 2112 or 2120 with a solid state power amp, which is basically what it is. I own a vetta II and it kills it. I would go for any line 6 (flextone III, HD147, or vetta) over it.

Comment

I played a MIllenium for a couple of hours at moderate volume levels. It was decent but nothing to write home about and, while I can't vouch for this as I had no chance to try it at high volume levels, I've heard they're pretty gutless when cranked. When it was time to throw down I went with a Vetta and have NO regrets.
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

"When it was time to throw down I went with a Vetta and have NO regrets"
        LOL, thanks guys, thats the impression the Johnson clips left me with too. I know you can never tell for sure from a clip so I've got to ask.
        1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

The Johnson is no match for the Vetta. Vetta wins.

Comment

I have a Millenium 250 HD... and yeah the Vetta II wins... it better too as it's double the price. I think the recto and matchless models are pretty cool. The intelligent harmonizer on board is also pretty hip. But, yeah the Vetta II is at least twice as good. WIth that being said my head is for sale at only $400 shipped 48 states [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

I'm waiting for the prices to come down on the Johnson Millenniums. When they hit ~$250 I'll own one because they are cool & different enough to merit keeping around ... if the price is right. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Listen to Lillian Axe's live double cd set. Stevie Blaze used them on that recording. If he can use them...

Comment

Working...
                X