Recomendation for good delay and reverb pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recomendation for good delay and reverb pedals

I don't want to spend a lot of money but want something decent. Pedals will be used in the loop of my Peavey JSX. Thanks.

Re: Recomendation for good delay and reverb pedals

How much is not a lot? I have a Boss DD5, DD6 and a Line 6 DL4. Theres a lot of options out there for delay and reverb stuff. If you want pure versatility, the Line 6 is great, plus you can save three settings and you have a tap tempo feature. Since I started using the Boss pedals, I notice that I'm starting to use the Line 6 for the weirder stuff that I do, like delays with modulation on the trails or whatever. I also really like Electro-Harmonix Memory Mans, for that warm vintage sound that you can't really get anywhere else. As for reverb stuff, my friends Josh and Dustin have the newer Boss reverb pedals and I think they sound great...lots of versatility in the sounds you can get, and you can make it do weird shit if you want to as well.

Comment

For reverb - snag the EH Holy Grail. For delay - it's a matter of price really. You can get some kick ass rack stuff used for $100 on up. If you really want a pedal I'd look at the Boss DD-20 and the Line 6 DL4.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Do NOT buy a delay that lacks tap tempo. Trust me on this... being able to tap the delay time to the song you're playing makes a huge difference. I don't see how the hell guys can just tweak for 250-300ms and leave the delay time alone for different songs.

pete

Comment

I use an EH holy grail for reverb. For use with a guitar setup, I prefer it even to my Lexicon PCM 91. I use it with a wet-dry setup and it sounds huge and organic. For delay, a great cheap pedal is actually the Digitech X-series delay. Really nice sounding delay...like it better than the T-rex replica, even. For analog deley, the Maxon AD-999 / AD-900 is the best I've tried.

Comment

My favorite delays are the Boss DD-2 and DD-3. The DD-2 was my first delay and continues to be my favorite, but it was pretty beat after years of use, so I went looking for a replacement. I compared every delay pedal I could find in the under-$150 price range, and the DD-3 was better than anything else I tried, including the then-new DD-5.

I have now worn out the DD-3 and have returned the DD-2 to the #1 spot.
            sigpic

Comment

I use the Digitech Delay pedal. Works great.

Comment

what twisted pete said!

get one with a tempo tap!!!!!!! everything esle really doesn't matter.
                Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I use the Digitech Delay pedal. Works great.

[/ QUOTE ]
                  + 1. Mine's actually for sale in the Classifieds since I've got a Boss GT8 for all my effects needs.
                  I also had the Line 6 DL4 for awhile and really enjoyed that, too.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X