No announcement yet.

Mesa Boogie 50 cal+ trouble! Need Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Boogie 50 cal+ trouble! Need Help!

Hey guys,
    I have a Mesa Boogie 50 cal+ head and I'm haveing some problems. The sound wants to cut in and out at random. The amp doesn't loose power at all and all the tubes, pots and cables check out to be fine. It kinda sounds like a short in one of the cables or how a scratchy guitar pot sounds when it does this crazy thing. That's about the best way I can describe it. I've just about decided that it has to be a connection problem whether its a loose connection, bad solder joint, broke wire, etc.... Has anyone else had this sort of trouble with one of these? Any suggestions as to where I start looking? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Thanks,
    Keith

Re: Mesa Boogie 50 cal+ trouble! Need Help!

If I had a nickle everytime someone asked this...

Put a guitar cable in the fx loop. From the send to the return. That'll probably fix it. If so, then you have a dirty jack and they need to be cleaned or replaced. Or just keep the cable in there and don't worry about it.

Pete

Comment

^
      ^
      100% agree my Mark 3 does this, I keep a patch cable in it. Although sometimes I run a tuner in it.
      1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Hey guys,
        Thanks alot for the info! I took that amp apart this weekend and touched up some solder joints but mainly concentrated on cleaning the effects loop jacks and the problem seems to be gone. If it does it again then I'll run a jumper and see what happens.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X