Overdrive Q and A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overdrive Q and A

I am back to thinking I need an OD pedal. This time for keeps [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I have used
    1) a modded TS-5 sounded great, quiet and a little thin stock, maybe tinny. Modded, it was still quiet and not as bottom heavy as the taiwan SD-1 - seemed a little sterile still.
    2) SD-1 Taiwan - liked the bottom end, the amount of gain, but the pedal added noise, the low end made it a little muddy

Question:
    To get the gain and bottom end of the SD-1, should I get an SD-1 and have it modded to reduce noise/mud? Will that just clip the bottom end?

Does anyone make an SD-1 mod that removes mud without killing low end?

Should I get a modded TS-9 with some extra gain - would that do it?

The route 66 pedal looks like it has a little 'too much' going on, but sounds like a quality pedal with tweak potential. Any opinions there?

I almost considered a Bad Monkey from digitech cause it was cheap and had more tone control than an SD-1, but I think I'd rather spend a few bucks for an heirloom quality pedal [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Should I look for something else with an MXR style case and true bypass with a low/med/high tone knob? What would that be other than ideal and expensive [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Re: Overdrive Q and A

IMO,
    The MXR ZW-44 is excatly what your looking for. an SD1 with a clearer bottom end and a little more clean output....
    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

fulltone ocd

Comment

I also hear good things about the maxon od

Comment

Working...
        X