Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sovtek Mig 50?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sovtek-Mig-50-Tube-G...1QQcmdZViewItem

what do these sound like? I'm interested in getting one.

Re: Sovtek Mig 50?

Very Marshally. They are great for modding. The only thing is they really have cheap parts on them. If you are going to get one look for the H 100 watt model. That is the higher gain one. If you are not going to send it out to get modded I wouldnt bother buying one.

Comment

Or you could put a Soldano Hot Mod in them. It willgive it tons of gain and a scooped mid tone. Bass treble and mids will be more responsive too. Also look at the RED BEAR amps. Made by the same comapny in Russia. They were sold through Gibson I believe. Same parts inside.

Comment

Those are damn good if you want a Marshally sound. I'd call it a cross between a plexi and a JCM 800 kinda tone.

Only problem is the cheapass plastic pots/switches. Replace those with some quality ones, and you'll have a great solid, COMPACT amp. THose things are TINY! a perfect practice/short gig amp, just for the grab and go ability.

They kick ass for very little cash, another total sleeper amp.

I played one at guitar center, and the volume pot was broken (cheap. . .yeah, which is why you should replace them) but. . it was broken off in the FULL ON position, LOL!

It was pretty cool, made lots of people mad even though I was behind closed doors of the "jam" room.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
          X