• Soldano Avenger

Anyone got one?

Anyone heard one?

Any thoughts?
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Re: Soldano Avenger

I have one. What do you want to know about it?

Definitely capable of nailing the high gain hot rodded Marshall tones perfectly. Absolutely transparent, probably the most transparent amp I've played, about at the same level as the VHT amps. Very tight as well. Not just a one trick pony either... Does some nice in between as well as some smooth clean sounds. Works great when you pull back on the volume knob a bit.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I have one. What do you want to know about it?

Definitely capable of nailing the high gain hot rodded Marshall tones perfectly. Absolutely transparent, probably the most transparent amp I've played, about at the same level as the VHT amps. Very tight as well. Not just a one trick pony either... Does some nice in between as well as some smooth clean sounds. Works great when you pull back on the volume knob a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know i am glad you are enjoying the amp after that hell we went through to get it to you. First and only time fed ex screwed up like that with me. But now i tape all my labels down so there is no excuse of them saying it fell off.

Comment

Rob, what cab are you using with the Avenger?

Comment

Fritz,

It changes actually. I've used it with the following cabs... Carvin Legacy w/V30's, Bogner w/V30's, Marshall 1960A/B. Sounds quite different with each one. The Carvin Legacy with w/V30's was probably the tightest of the bunch, sounded quite heavy and had an awesome response (frontloaded?). Bogner with v30's had a similar tone to the Legacy but a little bit looser in a good way. Marshall 1960A/B had less bass than the v30 cabs but seemed to really be ready for the "thrash" sound when coupled with the Avenger.

Comment

just in case you didnt know inearthed, the amp you have use to belong to fritz, i purchased it from him and then sold it to you.

Comment

Ohh.. I didn't know that... Thanks! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I am having a Buzzbomb cab made by Earcandy and then I am getting another Avenger. That amp is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                X