Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

twisteramps (or anyone)... advice please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• twisteramps (or anyone)... advice please.

just got a roland cube 60, it comes a 12" loudspeaker (not sure of make or power) which is why i'm asking for your advice, should i replace it with a 150w "pioneer" loudspeaker or just leave it alone? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] thanx for any responses. [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

Re: twisteramps (or anyone)... advice please.

like a pioneer car speaker? is the speaker in the amp blown?
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

no... no... it's a loudspeaker...
      http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=290-118

i've just heard putting a better quality speaker in it would give it an "even better" sound. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] but the speaker in it is not blown.
      Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
      Amp... Pioneer
      Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

well, how does the stock speaker sound? if you like the sound i'd just leave it alone. i change speakers all the time, but only because i like EV speakers. if an amp sounds good and gives me the sound i want with the stock speaker i won't change it. sometimes changing isn't the best thing. often amps are voiced around a specific speaker and changing the speaker can mess with the tone - unless you know how a speaker is going to respond with the amp. like when i change to an EV i KNOW exactly what i'm gonna get tonally....does that make any sense?
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

the stock speaker sounds good. this my first amp that has any real power, so just trying to get the max out of it. yea... that makes alot of sense actually. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
          Amp... Pioneer
          Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

A higher wattage speaker won't give you more power.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              no... no... it's a loudspeaker...
              http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=290-118

i've just heard putting a better quality speaker in it would give it an "even better" sound. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] but the speaker in it is not blown.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a woofer, not a guitar speaker. It would probably sound like a dog in a trash barrel if you changed it to that speaker.

If you are going to swap speakers, keep to a full range guitar loudspeaker. Don't use a stereo high-fi speakers with a guitar amp. But then again, you never know. You may like the tone.

Looking at that speaker, it has one of the classic trade-offs - lower SPL (Sound Pressure Level = 91db) in exchange for a flat frequency response. Less loudness. Guitar loudspeakers are highly efficient, but at the cost of a spiky responze curve (coloration).

Comment

sorry for the confusion this is the speaker i'm looking at pioneer musical speaker [img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]
                Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                Amp... Pioneer
                Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Leave it alone. The amp was designed with the speaker in mind - you might make it sound great, you might make it sound like shit.

Comment

Its a bad idea. Leave the speaker that came stock in it. That Pioneer speaker is garbage.

Comment

ok it's settled... i'm doing it! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] seriously i'll take the advice and leave well enough alone. thanx for everyone's opinion... thanx twister for your input. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                      Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                      Amp... Pioneer
                      Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Working...
                      X