bass head suggestions wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bass head suggestions wanted

I picked up an SWR 2x10 cab and am looking for a reasonbly priced head to go with it. Any suggestions?

For comparison, I used to play a rig that had a Hartke 3500 head and a 15" cab w/5" horn. I really liked that.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Re: bass head suggestions wanted

the behringer bass head is cheap and sounds good...... Its like 200 bucks...
    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Carvin R1000. Picked up mine used for ridiculously cheap.

Comment

+1 on the Carvin gear.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Tim, I just picked up an Ampeg SVT-3Pro and it kills bigtime. I also have a Galien Krueger 800RB that is awesome but is in need of repair.

Comment

i used a fender bassman 400 for a couple of years. it was GREAT. it had the modern sounds of an SWR or Eden along with being able to get close to the ampeg sound. i miss that head. it replaced a hartke 2000 that i was using prior to that.
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

what about something that can get a little growling overdrive? I don't mean full on fuzz or distortion - just some tube overdrive tones.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                the behringer bass head is cheap and sounds good...... Its like 200 bucks...

[/ QUOTE ]

Own and use it with a hartke 210 and 115 sounds good and has alot of flexibility.
                "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  what about something that can get a little growling overdrive? I don't mean full on fuzz or distortion - just some tube overdrive tones.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Ampeg SVT-3Pro has 4 12ax7's in it.

Comment

The ampeg would be good, or the Trch 21 which is more or less a powered bass driver DI.
                    ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Hmm...the SVT is 900 bucks - a bit more than I was thinking of spending.

Is this the Behringer?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...se_pid/481090/

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Hmm...the SVT is 900 bucks - a bit more than I was thinking of spending.

Is this the Behringer?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...se_pid/481090/

[/ QUOTE ]

I paid $475.00 for mine used at the local music store. The going rate used seems to be under $500.00. Its alot of bass head for that kind of money.

Comment

You're getting closer John but the Behringer is 269 new and I bet I can get the dude at GC to hook me up even cheaper. I have a couple OD pedals I can stick in front of one of these that may give me the snot I want.

- Newc

Comment

Yea, that Behringer is pretty cheap. I would give it a try. You could always return it if it sucks.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Yea, that Behringer is pretty cheap. I would give it a try. You could always return it if it sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

"if" it sucks? You act is there is a possibility it won't, hahaha.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X