Gas attack, new Engl Fireball amp!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gas attack, new Engl Fireball amp!!

never tried the Powerball... but it has more channels and tweaks... some people have said the Fireball is the Ultra Gain channel of the Powerball on its own... but i dont know how accurate that is.

Think of the Fireball as a simple amp for metal.. plug in, and 5mins of tweeking later you are kicking ass!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

the fireball (had one and loved it) is very similar to the ultra gain channel of the powerball (never owned, but have played), but I think (and others agree, from what I've read around the web) a bit 'rawer' and more open sounding; slightly less compressed.

Comment

That`s it, more open and less compressed, that is exactly what guys are saying. I would love to hear that same song with a Powerball, I actually like a good bit of compression, but don`t they make Compression Pedals? Jack.

Comment

Isn`t Metallica`s Master Of Puppets pretty compressed? I love that tone. Can the Fireball do that stuff? Thanks-jack.

Comment

the ENGLs i've played didn't sound anything like metallica. lack of low mids.

Comment

Fragle - exactly.. the ENGL is a great sounding amp, but they have a weird "notch" or "hump" in the EQ curve in the mids that is hard to dial out....

Comment

My favorite tone is Low-Mid crunch, that is why I love the EMG 85 in the bridge so much. Do the Rectifier Boogies get the low-mid crunch? Which amp gets this tone pretty well? I still may try the Fireball or Powerball, the SE looks very tempting. Jack.

Comment

well, i'm also into the low mid thing, and i went through lots of amps looking for "that" tone. disclaimer: i haven't found it yet.
                  having that said, the 5150 certainly comes VERY close. it's a great amp. another fave of mine is the classic boosted marshall thing.
                  in contrast to that, the engl blackmore i had lacked low mids. the contour switch (=mid boost) was a step in the right direction, but to me it didn't sound good live&loud. i should have experimented with tubes, though. my 5150 did not even sound half as good with the old tubes.

Comment

Working...
                  X