white Marshall 2x12?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: white Marshall 2x12?

The silver series was 25th anniversary, white/cream (originally) was 20th, and Blue was 30th... Perhaps the 35th anniversary was the latest white?? I think a way to tell is that the 20th was done in what they call "elephant" tolex... different texture than regular tolex

Comment

35th was white but the only combo was the Bluesbreaker one. Mostly 100 and 50 watt heads and 4x12 cabs. They also did a matching white Powerbrake that year.

I would guess your amp is a JCM800 20th anniversary. Very cool amp and an absolute steal at that price, even if it needs work.

Comment

Could also have been retolexed...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Could also have been retolexed...

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely...good call.

Comment

The giveaway would be the texture and the speakers - either way - probably a great deal !

Comment

Even 1x12 JCM800 combos are still holding around $500.

I bought my my 4210 in 1985 for $499.99 and it's still my main amp [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It's 4:30am, and I'm going to find out what amp this is by the end of the day, I hope.

Now it's possible it could be something OTHER than a Marshall. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Only other thing I could think of is it could be a Fender of some sort... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Only thing he is 'certain of' is that it is tube-powered and 2x12 combo with white/cream/beige/silver/grey on the outside [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Come on drummers, have at least a little knowledge of gear you're scopin' out for your damn gee-tar-ist! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh... just so I know when I go to look at the amp...

Any lesser-known/popular amplifier manufacturers I should know of? Just so when I see it, I don't mistakingly discount it as something that is worthless as opposed to something that's a steal?

Again, just in case it isn't one of the popular brand names; Marshall, Fender, Vox, Peavey, Crate, Randall, Soldano, Sun, etc etc.

Any smaller companies that the 'everyday' guitarist wouldn't know about that this thing could possibly be? Apparently, the former guitarist was gear savvy, so it may well be something I don't know about.

Thanks!

Comment

But I'm thinking for 300, any 2x12 tube combo should be a decent deal, right?

Comment

Damn, no Marshall. This is what it is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/peavey-CLASSIC-50-gu...1QQcmdZViewItem

Peavey Classic 50, older model, identical to that one on ebay, but in much better condition.

Didn't have my guitar on me, no idea how it sounds, but looked like a nice amp.

But is it 300 dollars nice?

Let me know what you all think.

Thanks!

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Peavey's are good, so $300 seems like a nice price for that amp, IMO.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Cool. I'm going to have to plug in and see what it actualy sounds like. Judging by the looks of it, I'm guessing it will sound like a Fender bluesy amp instead of hi-gain amp?

Not really what im looking for, but maybe if i can turn around and make a couple bucks off it to buy something else later on, it'd be worth it.

Comment

Yeah, probably more classic/hard rock. Boost it with an OD pedal and you can get your high gain metal.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Oh, actualy classic/hard rock is good, I thought it would be uber-clean. but yeah, I do have a metalzone for the occasional, frequent metal outbursts [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

i dont realy think you will make more money on it unless you sell it localy without ebay charges. I have been pricing these out myself latley and that is the average price for them, between 3 and 4 bills.

Comment

Working...
                                X