Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white Marshall 2x12?

Hey guys, need some help here.

A friend of my drummer's is letting us (drummer and I) use his 2x12 Marshall combo because he is moving to California and has not room for it.

He is trying to sell it for 300 dollars.

Says it works fine, All tube, and has WHITE tolex not black on the outside.

This is all information coming from my drummer, he doesn't know the wattage or year or model, but says it is a tube amp, and has 2x12 speakers and the white tolex.

I said it's sold [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I haven't forked over the money, hopefuly will a) find out more information by the end of the week or b) have it in my hands soon.

Any idea what it could be? I looked on ebay, can't find any white 2x12 marshall tube combos.

Based on the limited info, can anyone take a guess, or even say for certain what it could be, or if it is even possible to have a white 2x12?

Like I said, it's in great condition (hardly used he says), fully unctioning 2x12 Marhsall tube combo... should be worth 300 bucks (I think, right?) so I'm going to be picking it up for sure... as my money is limited right now from purchasing my Les Paul, this seems like the perfect find.

Thanks guys, hopefuly some people are Marshall gurus and can help me out.

Thanks again!

-Thor K

Re: white Marshall 2x12?

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey guys, need some help here.

A friend of my drummer's is letting us (drummer and I) use his 2x12 Marshall combo because he is moving to California and has not room for it.

He is trying to sell it for 300 dollars.

Says it works fine, All tube, and has WHITE tolex not black on the outside.

This is all information coming from my drummer, he doesn't know the wattage or year or model, but says it is a tube amp, and has 2x12 speakers and the white tolex.

I said it's sold [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I haven't forked over the money, hopefuly will a) find out more information by the end of the week or b) have it in my hands soon.

Any idea what it could be? I looked on ebay, can't find any white 2x12 marshall tube combos.

Based on the limited info, can anyone take a guess, or even say for certain what it could be, or if it is even possible to have a white 2x12?

Like I said, it's in great condition (hardly used he says), fully unctioning 2x12 Marhsall tube combo... should be worth 300 bucks (I think, right?) so I'm going to be picking it up for sure... as my money is limited right now from purchasing my Les Paul, this seems like the perfect find.

Thanks guys, hopefuly some people are Marshall gurus and can help me out.

Thanks again!

-Thor K

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be a JCM800 aniversery series, in which case you are making a killing.

Comment

+1

Comment

+2
        Those 800 combos are fucking sweet.

Comment

I had the 800 20th anniversarry head and cab... (65 watt celestions)- KILLER ! ESPECIALLY at that price

Comment

Wow, awesome!

I will post an update as soon as I find out, but that's awesome news!

I figured ANY Marshall tube-powered 2x12, especialy in a non-black outer tolex shell would be worth the 300 bucks.

It could be a few years old though, is this consistant with the 20th anniversary you all think it is?

Thanks!

edit: Nevermind... apparently this would be a 1983? Based on framed advertisements found on ebay for '20th anniversary' amps?

Comment

Or it could be the reissue they did ~ 4 yrs ago? If the tolex is more of a cream, then it is the 20th (before the Silver Jubilee Series).
              If it is, and you do not keep those 65 watts speakers, please contact me - I love those and could swap out with some 75 watt celestions.

Comment

I do believe my drummer buddy who told me about it said they are more of a beige/cream... I don't think silver.

I want to find out for sure though! This is irritating me that I can't just go pick it up now [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

They just called them silver jubilee, they weren't silver colored cabinets. Cream colored I'd say.

Comment

Ah ok, gotchya.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      They just called them silver jubilee, they weren't silver colored cabinets. Cream colored I'd say.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to dissagree. The silver Jubillees were definatly a silver/gray colored tolex.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to dissagree. The silver Jubillees were definatly a silver/gray colored tolex.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that, i owned one and it was silver/grey

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Or it could be the reissue they did ~ 4 yrs ago?

[/ QUOTE ]
                          Didn't Musician's Friend also have some exclusive white combos made within the last couple years?
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ehh, been awhile. I was thinking they were cream. Now as I'm thinking of it, I do recall gray colored Marshalls, must have been those.

Comment

Wow, turns out the amp is at the guy's parents' house, which is in my/my drummer's neighborhood [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'll be picking her up most likely tonight, let's hope it's nice! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X