Legion Sound cabs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legion Sound cabs?

Anyone know if these are in any way decent cabs? I keep seeing them on eBay, supposedly with Madison speakers. They're so cheap that I wonder how they could be any good, but at the same time, it's almost hard NOT to buy one just to have a spare cab.
    sigpic

Re: Legion Sound cabs?

I have one, and for the money it's nice, but nothing to write home about. Speakers top out at 5k vs. 6.5k for normal 12s. 5/8" particleboard construction doesn't give me the utmost confidence, but they do beef up the bass response of an open-back combo pretty well.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Are they Madison speakers or something else? I went to Steelsound.Com and saw that they have their own "SS" line of cabs, plus the Legions and Madisons, but the SS and Legion cabs still supposedly use Madison speakers. One model had Eminence instead.

The Harmony Central reviews were pretty brutal, but I can't justify the expense of a new name-brand cab, and the used selection around here has been garbage lately.
      sigpic

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

The Harmony Central reviews were pretty brutal, but I can't justify the expense of a new name-brand cab, and the used selection around here has been garbage lately.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can pick up a sweet Avatar for $289 new. I just got mine a few days ago, and I'm really impressed. I went with a 212 with a Celestion V30 and a G12H30, 8 ohms, partial open back. Nice all across the spectrum.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

You can pick up a sweet Avatar for $289 new. I just got mine a few days ago, and I'm really impressed. I went with a 212 with a Celestion V30 and a G12H30, 8 ohms, partial open back. Nice all across the spectrum.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

I forgot to mention that I needed a 4x12, so the new Avatars still get a bit spendy. Worth it I'm sure, but I'll keep looking for something good used.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X