Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cubase se vs. guitartracks 3 which is better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cubase se vs. guitartracks 3 which is better?

i'm going to get a program to record bits and pieces, eventually full compositions. anyone use either of these programs? (i can only afford about 150.00 max). [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] thanx for you input. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

Re: cubase se vs. guitartracks 3 which is better?

I used Guitar Tracks Pro2 and 3for a few years and you can't go wrong for the money imho. I never used Cubase. I'm now on Sonar PE 4.0
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

How do you like the Sonar P.E.? I'm using Guitar Tracks 2 and Guitar Studio 2, but I want to upgrade to either Guitar Tracks 3 or Sonar P.E.

Sonar most likely for the midi features which I would like to use with DKFHS.
      THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

i use sonar 3 PE and love it. 4 is good too but you must get the updates. i will switch over to 5 after they release its big update.

the problem with software (any induestry) is that they always put out their product unfinished - to meet its deadline. and get away with it by offering free updates.

the initial release is always real buggy.
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

yup....I have a all the 4 PE updates. They already have a bug fix for 5, I'll wait for a couple more patches before I do an upgrade...

Nuclear Vampire, you ware wanting or needing to use MIDI.. Sonar is for you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Shawn Lutz...

can you play drum tracks and whatnot with sonar p.e.? i downloaded the demo and the backing tracks i've downloaded will play but with pauses [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] (hopefully that's just the "demo glitch" to give you a taste of what it is) otherwise it sounds good for 100.00. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
            Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
            Amp... Pioneer
            Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

I've used Sonar since version 2, now I use version 5.0.1 Producer. I have bought Home Studio before for a friend, when I was still using Sonar 4, because Home Studio was all he was ever going to need and it was pretty dang close to being the same is Sonar 4.

Anyway, I don't work for them, but I love Cakewalk, and I think you can pick up Home Studio for about $99... never used Cubase, so I'm afraid I can't say anything there. Not sure what is different between HS and Guitartracks Pro 3.

My two cents!
              Keith
              The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Shawn Lutz...

can you play drum tracks and whatnot with sonar p.e.? i downloaded the demo and the backing tracks i've downloaded will play but with pauses [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] (hopefully that's just the "demo glitch" to give you a taste of what it is) otherwise it sounds good for 100.00. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll not get Sonar PE 4 of 5 for $100.00. Its a professional audio product close to 500 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] You can get guitar trax pro for that price. Sonar maybe overkill for you if you are just wanting to record stuff. GP3 is a killer app for the money imho. 32 tracks digital [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I haven't used Sonar 4 for a full-blow project yet (no time of late) but from what I did use just to get a feel for it I liked but it may be overkill for me too but I wanted to get more into midi so I can create my midi drums in DKFH for my original material vs doing so many cover songs.

If you are just importing mp3 or .wav drum tracks yes no problem in Guitar tracks. If you have MIDI drums then Sonar can.

The pauses to me sound like drop outs caused by the machine you are using not meeting the minimum requirements CPU, memory and free disk space or speed.
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                X