Tube amp shipping practices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tube amp shipping practices

I am about to ship off a tube head. Should I pull the tubes for shipping? What other stuff should I do? I plan to use an oversize box, lay down thin particle board to reinforce it, lay down hard foam, then bubble wrap the crap out of it and fill all the gaps with styrofaom.

Anything else I should do?
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Re: Tube amp shipping practices

here's a good link on how to pack an amp
    Packing_an_amp [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Or if you don't have 2 hours to pack get a couple of sheets of that blue 2" high-density foam, cut pieces to fit around the amp, then cut a box down to fit around the foam.
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Id wrap the head itself in a plastic trash bag before I packed all the other stuff around it. That way the new owner doesn't have to pick styrofoam peanuts out of every orofice in the amp.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Is removing the tubes a 'must do' thing? I am thinking so.
          When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

While I've had amps come in where the tubes were in thei9r sockets and they were okay, it's much better to pull the tubes and wrap them in bubble wrap in such a way that they can't rattle against each other. then stuff the bubble wrap package in the back of the head in such a way that it won't bounce around in that space. It's just like shipping a guitar in the sense that you don't want anything to move or receive vibration.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X