Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunlop CryBaby and high tone

Hi!

I'm dealing with this problem for some time now ... I have GCB-95 and I don't like the tone, when the pedal is pressed down. It sounds excellent opened, but when closed I get too much of the high tone for my ear.

How can this be changed? With a different pot? Participation appreciated. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks!

Re: Dunlop CryBaby and high tone

Open it up and adjust the rotation of the pot. There is a screw clearly visible that holds down a clamp that applies pressure to the gear on the pot. Lossen the screw and move the clamp out of the way. Plug your guitar in to the wah and into the amp and turn the gear that is on the pot by hand until you find the perfect heel and toe positions. Move the clamp back in place and tighten the screw. Done.

Comment

Or put a stack of buisness cards under the toe [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Or put a stack of buisness cards under the toe [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
        Zakk Wylde put stack of guitar picks taped together under his. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

jgcable, I'll try you option tomorrow and then I'll report.

Guys, your advice is my alternative. Perhaps.

P.S.: Hi, Joe. Long time no see. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey there. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] If you can do what John said, you should be okay. Crybaby pedals always seem to have too much treble in their sound.
            John actually does great Crybaby mods that sound awesome, very warm, more like a Vox pedal.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Zakk Wylde put stack of guitar picks taped together under his. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats how I tremblock to change strings sometimes [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

LOL Whatever works.

Comment

I have similar probs with mine.
                  I bought a new pot for my 535 and replaced the old one about a week ago, sounds great on the upper half of the pedal way, but I get nothing but high pitched noise out of it on the lower half.
                  sucks somehow, since I really liked its sound when the old pot was still working...
                  wrote dunlop about it, but still waiting for a reply.

doesn't zack has his own wah from dunlop?
                  I'd feel ashamed if I built him a pedal to his wishes and he stuck some plecks in between to cut down the pedal way... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I'd feel ashamed if I built him a pedal to his wishes and he stuck some plecks in between to cut down the pedal way... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Yes, but there's actually a tension/torque control on it so you can set the pedal in one spot where it won't move. Zakk likes to set it as a filter a lot of the time, and it's just a pain in the ass trying to find the sweet spot and then have the pedal move. I also believe his wah is based on the Jimi Hendrix model which is warmer sounding, more like a Vox than the typical Crybaby anyway.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                      Yes, but there's actually a tension/torque control on it so you can set the pedal in one spot where it won't move. Zakk likes to set it as a filter a lot of the time, and it's just a pain in the ass trying to find the sweet spot and then have the pedal move. I also believe his wah is based on the Jimi Hendrix model which is warmer sounding, more like a Vox than the typical Crybaby anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have this wah. Its a hendrix wah with a Fasel and the tension thing-y
                      "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Working...
                      X