best preamp for metal tones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: best preamp for metal tones?

according to a member of this board who's friends with pat he's using a stock one. so does rob barrett

Comment

they might do that for newer Canible Corpse, but the older stuff was all Crate g130 full stacks and no pedals.
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

yep, that's right. it's pat o'brien 's rig, as i said.
        up to vile it was all recorded with an old crate amp - some people say they also used the MT2 together with the crate, but that's not certain

besides, their old sound sucks compared to their newer ones [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

SLO 100 or even the hot rod 50.
          Granted it may not be exactly what he's looking for but the distortion from these soldanos are top notch and can be very brutal to say the least. Soldanos have some pretty decent combos that are very close at duplicating the power and distortion of the SLO 100.
          Once you go Soldano you never go back, everything else pales in comparision. Pricey, but worth it.
          Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            (Flame suit on) BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone.

(running and hiding to duck the tomatoes being thrown).

[/ QUOTE ]

+2 [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Metal Zone is excellent because it has the mid freq. controll. I wish more amps and pedals would have that feature.
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
              X