recommend a 2x12" solid state combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: recommend a 2x12\" solid state combo

Actually, the local sales guy wants to push a Randall RH100 with matching 4x12" cab for the same price as the going price for a XXL combo...he has had it in the store for a while and wants to get rid of it.
    So I went down and tried it, it does metal pretty well, obviously, and has good volume...but I couldn't get a decent rock sound, and the clean was very unimpressive and the reverb was absolutely horrible!

So I am not going to recommend that one I think...it's a bit of a predicament, but soundwise, I was not too happy with it.
    Problem is the XXL is out of stock with the lame distributor, so it won't be here until some time in January if they go with that one...+ we would have to commit to buying without trying!

Thanks for all the suggestions though! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: recommend a 2x12\" solid state combo

Good choice rejecting the RH100. No offense to those that have it, but a year ago word was going around that those amps were VERY failure-prone, and in a way that could shock the shit out of the user. I have an old RG100ES that still kicks ass, so I'm not anti-Randall. To those that have them, maybe they fixed the problem, but I wouldn't be surprised to see older stock in Europe than in the US.

I'd also recommend if getting a Line 6 amp, that you get a protective regulated power supply for it to protect the chip. Power brownouts could fuck the thing up. Then you hope it can even be serviced locally.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X