Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best clean boost pedals?

robertkeeley.com

They are hand made in Guthrie Ok. I know the man and his pedals are the shit.
    This space for rent

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Digitech Bad Monkey

[/ QUOTE ]
      How is the Bad Monkey? I heard it was pretty much like the old DOD Juice Box which I actually have two of. I haven't used them in awhile, but I guess I should probably dig one out and try it with this amp. I really loved the Juice Box in front of a Sans Amp Tri-AC pedal running into my old Marshall Valvestate combo. I guess I should probably dust that pedal off and check it out again and see what it does before wasting money on another pedal. [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Bad Bob Boost and ZVex SHO are the best I've used.

For what you're talking about a Tube Screamer would kick ass I bet. According to my wife, a Univalve arrived at the house today so I'll let you know [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the Univalve arrived today. I didn't get to crank it so I can't say how it would *really* sound yet. But using this signal path I got some kick ass tones at very low volume: Charvel 25th -> stock TS9DX -> Univalve -> Thiele ported Boogie 1x12 w/V30. The TS9DX doesn't have the exact vintage circuit but it has more bass response and a cleaner boost on some of the alternate switch settings. This was a nice combo. When I get some more time I'll hook up the Bad Bob Booster and a TS808 reissue I have.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

The Bad Monkey is going for the TS territory. It's pretty cheap so people are flocking to them. The one I heard sounded similar to a TS but noisier.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Thanks, Tim. Can't wait to hear your review with the Bad Bob. I was checking out that pedal on the RGW and Analogman websites... that and the SHO have really got me intrigued.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Fulltone Fatboost

Comment

Working...
              X