New Family Member!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Family Member!!!!

Mesa Boogie Mark 2C with Simul Class, and Graphic EQ, from 1984, with an anvil flight case! (for those of you who saw the other thread,I did end up gettting it from my friend :P )

I'll post some pics after work, and a review when I've got time to dick around with it.

Re: New Family Member!!!!

Nice grab, congratulations. I like most older boogie designs
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Cool amp...congrats [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm going down in a few minutes to play on it a little bit. I've actually got some interesting scans to put up also.

Boogies back then, were I guess mail order. I've got the original invoice (1340$ in 1983!). I was also wrong about the year. The tag says it was made on the 41st week of 1983. I also happen to be the third owner (pretty impressive for an amp, 1 year, and a few months older than myself).

I'm going to take some pictures, and some of the scans, because I think some of you may like this kind of stuff.

Comment

My amp collection is simple. Mesa Boogie Three channel triple recto, Mesa Boogie Mark 2C, 2 Marshall JCM900 4x12 cabs.

The Boogie (Papa boogie, and baby boogie. I'm talking about Papa boogie, meaning old boogie :P ) has a great sound. The channels are kind of goofy, because like, 4 volumes work in the drive channel, and then only 2 in regular mode. Kind of something to get used to. I can get a stupid high gain sound out of it, and when I ran it into the 4x12s...whooo boy! It was great! I can also get a good clean. Now, for the over the top gain, I've got to have the one volume, for the clean channel cranked (since it's also used in the lead channel), which means, I've got to do this rolling back the volume thing.

What I'll probably end up doing, is since I hate rolling back the volume, I'll probably have it set to a mild gain, but a crystal clean in the other mode, and then put a boost infront of it, just to push it a little more.

One thing is certain, this fucker is great, and it's LOUD.

I'll post some scans of the lit here in a few.

Comment

Nice! Looks pretty clean for being so old. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
            X