Amp/Tube questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp/Tube questions

1. How do you know if the tubes you are buying are a matched set? Is there a decal or imprint on the tube or box?

2. I hear of vertical inputs on Marshall JCM800s....how can you tell if it has the vertical inputs?

Re: Amp/Tube questions

1). You will usually order them that way and they will generally be marked as such.

2) Vertical input marshall input jacks are oriented vertically (above and below each other). Desirable.

Less desirable horizontal input jack Marshalls have the input jacks (horizontally) next to each other as they are mounted to the circuit board.

Comment

Thanks!!

Comment

Be carful if you are buying used tubes and people are saying they are matched. I have bought some used and thought they were matched and when I tested them they were way off.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Be carful if you are buying used tubes and people are saying they are matched. I have bought some used and thought they were matched and when I tested them they were way off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Buyer beware.

Groove Tubes have a H/S and 1-10, like H-5 or S-1. Hard / soft, 1 softest, 10 hardest.

I have a set of 4 6550's where 1 went DOA. I just need to find another H-5 6550 to match my set again.

Comment

Working...
          X