Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should I buy a Dunlop Crybaby GCB 95F Wah pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should I buy a Dunlop Crybaby GCB 95F Wah pedal?

I am thinking of getting a Dunlop Crybaby GCB 95F Like the one Hammet uses. I have a Mesa DC-5 Amp that I just got and an Digitech RP-100. I dont have the need for a better pedal for my guitar because ive got the best distrtion I could dream of just with my amp and its extreamly versatile. The problem is the RP-100 doesnt have a Wah pedal instaled in it and Ive always had an urge to learn how to use a wah pedal. Ive heard wah pedals are amazing and can make a solo sound incredible once you learn how to use it.
    Do you think I have something more important to Buy rather than the Wah pedal?

Re: should I buy a Dunlop Crybaby GCB 95F Wah pedal?

Thats a real nice pedal. True bypass with the Fasel inductor. Another great pedal to look at is the Morley Bad Horsie 2 contour wah. I like the switching on the Morley better than the Dunlop. The GCB-95F is a nice pedal though.

Comment

Are you sure its true bypass?

Ive got my GCB95F open on my desk here, and Im not sure what to make of it.

Its got a DPDT switch wired to the board with a ribbon. If it was true bypass, wouldn't that require a 3PDT switch?

Comment

the boss pw10 v-wah... models several wah's... morley, vox, dunlop, custom, voice synth, and uni-vibe. alot of bang for your buck. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
        Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
        Amp... Pioneer
        Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Is it realy worth the price?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Is it realy worth the price?

[/ QUOTE ]

if you are referring to the v-wah... they say it's a bit complicated to operate, but once you figure it out you can dial in virtually any tone out there. i think it's worth the differance. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
            Amp... Pioneer
            Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Are you sure its true bypass?

Ive got my GCB95F open on my desk here, and Im not sure what to make of it.

Its got a DPDT switch wired to the board with a ribbon. If it was true bypass, wouldn't that require a 3PDT switch?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am going strictly by what Dunlop mentions in their description. They clearly state that the GCB-95F is true bypass.

Comment

Hmm.

On the papers I got with it, it says

"Bypass: Hardwire DPDT bypass"

is that the same as true bypass?

Is there anyway to see prove that its true bypass?

Im just concerned, because more and more I get more sensitive to changes with my tone.

Comment

Working...
                X