First wah Gas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First wah Gas!

Mhmm well yeah, for xmas I think I'll buy myself a wah. I don't know why. I guess everyone needs one really? So yeah... I'd like to be able to handle a lot of gain, to be easily modeable (hehehehe...) and to be able to just stay in one position for leads (to get this nasal like tone I love).

So far the contenders are the standard Cry baby (not the fancy model, but I don't know how it's called...), the ZW crybaby (considering it's this aspect of his tone I'm trying to emulate, I guess it really is the obvious choice) and the Ibanez Weeping Deamon (which gets great reviews and has more functions than the ZW).
    If the Standard CryBaby can do that, then heck, I may as well go for it and end up modding it later. It's way cheaper than the others (about 60 pounds, against 80 or so for the 2 others) and even modded it could still be cheaper.

Also if you have any other options... Sorry I can't say much about what I want, I don't know much about wahs.
    I'm just a drummer who misses having something under his feet [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Thanks for any advise [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: First wah Gas!

The Bad Horsie is awesome (Morley)

Comment

+1 for the Bad Horsie but mine's auto-return so you'd have to yank a spring if they're all like that.
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        and to be able to just stay in one position for leads (to get this nasal like tone I love).

[/ QUOTE ]Just get a Dunlop Crybaby Q-Zone. I've got one, love it! It's basically the same thing as a wah without the rocker pedal.
        http://www.pulseonline.com/dunlop/QZone.gif
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

currently I'm using a Dunlop 535Q which I like quite a lot.It has plenty of adjustments for tone.I don't like the automatic off models as you can't leave them in a notch with your foot off of it.

Comment

The only 2 I really liked was the Bad Horsie and the Dime Wah. That freakin thing had so many controls that you can shape it to whatever ya wanted

Comment

The 535Q is a good choice. The GCB-95F is a good choice. The Dime wah is a good choice. The Morley Bad Horsie can't be left in a specific position. The standard Morley PWA can because it has an external on off switch. Its great for using the wah in a fixed position but it sucks if you need to click the wah on and off fast and actually use it.

Comment

Working...
              X