take me away from all this noise...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• take me away from all this noise...

ok guys what do you suggest i do about this.I am plagued with noise in my practice space.I suspect dirty power/bad ground.all the classic signs radio,squeal,you name it I got it.I am running an engl powerball,ISP decimator rackG,sabine rack tuner,furman conditioner,and all my cables are monster 500's and have been replaced several times.I just installed humfrees in my rack hoping to kill any ground loop issues.I have a few guitars with real pickups.the decimator is working on the radio and eliminating hiss but I still have noise.I had this problem with my Voodoo mod Marshall DSL100 in this same building.so 2 amps same shit WTF.what gets me is the other guitar player doesn't have the problems I have.he does get radio but the hush takes care of that.he is running a mesa triplerec,korg rack tuner,rackrider conditioner,same cables and a rocktron hush super C and his guitars are EMG equipt and yes his guitars do the same thing running with my stuff.when I choke chords I get a high pitched squeal and then the decimator cuts it.this has been pissing me off for a long time now I am at the point that I get to practice and want to just leave.I am going to take my stuff home and try it at some point and see if the noise goes away.anything I could do without having the entire buildings wiring updated...LOL
    www.myspace.com/goreality1

Re: take me away from all this noise...

Try putting his Hush super C in your rack. Maybe your ISP is going out. Either that your maybe there are fluorescent lights near your amp and none around his.

Comment

having you tried swapping spots? Plug your rig into his powerpoint and his into yours, see if he then has the same problem. It could be a problem with the circuit you are plugged into. Or run an extension lead from another point (maybe in another room) and see if the problem persists.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

What Vitamin G said. If it's possible, check to see if you are on the same circuit.

Good luck dude. Hum's a bitch.

Comment

Definitely sounds like you're on a weaker circuit. The gear isn't the problem, it's the wires in the walls.

Get one of those power strips with the long cord - WalMart has one for Home Theater setups that has like a 10 foot cable - and find a better wall socket.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

One of those Monster Power conditioner strips might help too...I always use that at shows and we had an issue with some grounding in our practice space on me and the bass player's side, and the Monster took care of it.

Comment

I agree with the above advice...try another circuit, also I'd recommend the Furman line voltage regulator to smooth out any power problems and help you out if you run into some weak power too. It really makes your amps (tubes) and gear consistent.
              RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
              RIP Dime

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                One of those Monster Power conditioner strips might help too...I always use that at shows and we had an issue with some grounding in our practice space on me and the bass player's side, and the Monster took care of it.

[/ QUOTE ]I tried a monster conditioner when I had my Marshall..it didn't work so I brought it back...

Comment

Sounds like you have some bad cords or bad wiring in your guitar. With all the conditioning that you are using.. you shouldn't have any noise, regardless of the environment.
                  You could also have your gear set up wrong. Do use a wah pedal or any floor mounted gear?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Sounds like you have some bad cords or bad wiring in your guitar. With all the conditioning that you are using.. you shouldn't have any noise, regardless of the environment.
                    You could also have your gear set up wrong. Do use a wah pedal or any floor mounted gear?

[/ QUOTE ]nope not a single pedal all my cords have been replaced(monster 500's and cab cords)every guitar I own does this and my guitarists guitars do it through my gear.this is my signal path in order.
                    guitar
                    sabine rack tuner
                    decimator rack G
                    to input of amp and effects loop
                    powerconditioner is supplying power to all
                    I never had this problem at my old practice space with my Marshall and never needed any form of gate or hush completely silent but when I got in this building everything went to shit.my marshall was noisy all of a sudden.then I got the powerball and am still dealing with noise.I really think it is a ground issue it is an old mill I may try a voltage regulator or some type of adapter with a floating ground and see what happens...

Comment

Problem with the power conditioner, or something else in the rack? Try hooking directly into your amp. In fact, while your at it do a full system check.

-Plug into your buddy's gear with your guitar
                      -Plug your rack into your buddy's amp (Try your guitars and his guitars)
                      -If you don't get noise problems while plugged directly in with your amp, try the rack gear piece by piece until you find the piece of shit.

Try a few other combinations of gear and see what you get. Also try different combinations with different circuits in the room.

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND TESTING THE POWER THERE TO MAKE SURE IT IS ADDEQUATE FOR YOU GEAR!!!

Too low of power is as bad as too much power. House don't always put out a constant stream, in fact it can be very different. I've lost a few household appliances (thankfully no gear) while learning that!

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                      X