Just bought an ADA MP-1. What cabs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought an ADA MP-1. What cabs?

Well I recently got a rackmount poweramp (Carvin T100) and have been just using my Korg PX4 as the preamp for it and the cab of my Astroverb 1x12. I just won a real preamp on ebay for $144 shipped so I'm excited to try that out.

My question is this: What kind of cab setup would you recommend? Ideally I'd like to run in stereo but I don't want to be carrying around a pair of 4x12's. Would a pair of 1x12's work or do you guys think it would be worth it to move up to 2x12's?

Re: Just bought an ADA MP-1. What cabs?

i use a pair of 1x12s with my stereo amp and i am MORE than satisfied with the sound. when i use to use a rack system i used teo theile-aligned 1x12 cabs and the sound was MASSIVE!!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I use my MP1 driven rack through 2 Marshall 'compact' 4x12s and they sound great! Might be worth considering as you're already talking about 2x12s....
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

There's a set of used VHT 1X12's on ebay now. Otherwise I would get 2 Avatar 2X12's if I was going new.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Depends on the size of venue you'll be playing (if any). For home use, 2 1x12's should get plenty of volume, and if you'll be playing out in smaller bars/clubs, it'd be the same as running a 2x12 volume-wise.

If you're playing out a lot and in medium-sized places, I'd go with 2 2x12s.

Congrats and welcome to the MP-1 club [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

You might also want to look into some sort of external EQ (graphic or parametric) to do some tone shaping, as the MP-1 doesn't really have that much variety (to me, anyway [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

And if you want some patch settings, I'll be happy to share mine [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Great. I'll look into patch settings sometime after it gets here. Isn't there a big ADA site somewhere too?

Comment

2 1x12's will work fine if you are miking up but you will want to move more air than that if not. I use my ADA with 2 4x12's if I'm not mic'd up and a stereo 4x12 if I am. ADA vertical 2x12's are typically cheap and work well if you can find them.
              Add a BBE to your ADA and I'll bet you'll like it even more.

Comment

www.ultimatetone.com
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

you'd even be fine with 1 stereo 2x12.
                  Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    you'd even be fine with 1 stereo 2x12.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 I'm running my Randall 2x12 like that with my RG150 head and it's plenty loud and sounds freakin awsome

Comment

I use a 4x10 or the ADA 2x12 split stack.

Comment

Try www.adadepot.com
                        Popular is not the same as good
                        Rare is not the same as valuable
                        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I liked running my vetta in stereo through a Marshall 1960 cab. Not quite the spread of two cabs, but still sounded very full. Look for one used in your area, around $400ish I'd bet in good shape.

Or get two ADA 2x12 split stacks. I have one, it's a great cab and very small. Cheap too!

Pete

Comment

Genz-Benz 2x12 G-flex...mono or stereo, sounds great

Comment

+1 on the G-Flex
                              "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Working...
                              X