A 5150 repair estimate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 5150 repair estimate

The high gain input jack on my 5150 has stopped working. The low gain input works fine when it is set to the lead channel, but i also get no sound from the rhythm channel. Any idea how much a repair like this will probably set me back?

Re: A 5150 repair estimate

Shouldnt be anymore then $75, the jacks cost really cheap and should be less then one hour of work. If you are handy with a sodering iron you could do it for about $4. Of course if it is more then the jack is messed up, like something in the path got messed up then it could be a whole other ball game in price.

Comment

I had a problem with my 5150 cutting out and losing volume and gain. I took it in for repair and it cost me $80. Apparantly, some bad solders my tech resoldered the entire board for that price.
      Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

good to know. thanks alot guys!

Comment

You have more wrong there than just an input jack if it only works on the lead channel and not the rhythm.
          Jerry
          FJA Mods YouTube

Comment

well, i had the amp out of the casing, and attempted to take the board that houses the inputs off so i could check the connections, as mentioned abouve, but i couldn't get it out without taking the other board with the small tubes off (you can tell that i know alot about amps!), so i re-assembled it, and now everything is mostly working. I have sound on both inputs (although it seems like i have to pull the cord out a little bit to get the high gain input to work), on both the lead and rhythm channels. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

i guess i should be happy that i'm not ampless this holiday season!

Comment

Working...
            X