Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POD XT live.. what am I getting myself into?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POD XT live.. what am I getting myself into?

[ QUOTE ]
    also, would the type of cable I am using matter? I will be connecting to a powerblock via two little 5 inch livewire cables that are meant to connect pedals and stuff together....

[/ QUOTE ]
    Any kind of instrument/patch cable will be fine running from the XTL into the power amp, but you'd need speaker cables to run from the power amp into the speaker cabinet. And you'd need at least a 3-foot cable to run from the power amp to the cabinet.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

let me rephrase that... I am going to be plugging the pod into the powerblock via the two small cables. The pod has to be on the groud anyways, and I can just face the powerblock the other way to run the cables from the pod to the block. I will then use a long speaker cable to go from the block to the cab... sorry for any confusion. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
      Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
      The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

at a minimun you need 3 cables.
        2, 20' patch cables and 1, 3' speaker cable.

i say 2, 20' guitar cables so that you have 20' from you to the XTL for freedom of movement. and 20' from the XTL to the poweramp so that you can have the XTL up at the front of the stage where it belongs. i keep mine just to the right of the mic stand so i can reach over with my left foot and tap the tempo during the high hat count at the begining of each song.

if you have a stereo poweramp and cab you will need 2 speaker cables. and do not use guitar cables for speaker cables and vice versa. using shielded cables as speaker cable can damage your amp, and using unsheilded cables for your guitar can cause feedback and other unwanted noise.
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
        X