Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great gear just rottiing away in the basement!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great gear just rottiing away in the basement!

This evening I was asked by my wifes friend to come by and install a toilet for her and her husband. They babysit our daughter everyday after school for an hour so it was the least that I could do to say thanks. Besides I am a plumber so the job was a breeze.

We get to talking about guitars and he tells me that he has an old Strat copy and some small amp gathering dust in the basement. He has never really played much in over 12 years.

Well waiting for us in the basemnet was a mint Tokai Strat as well as a Mesa Boogie Studio .22!

Damm!

This was his old shitty gear?

I suppose that I could have been a snake and told him that it was nearly worthless and bought it for a song but I truthfully told him the truth. Those Tokai's are going for big bucks on ebay and a Studio .22 is no crap amp as well.

he has agreed to let me borrow the gear and I will offer a fair price for it all I think.

By the way the plumbing job was free as well!

Re: Great gear just rottiing away in the basement!

Does the 22 have an EQ? Probably in the $400 - $800 range on the bay.

I don't know shit about strats or Tokai's (other than their LP's).

Comment

A .22 with an EQ goes in the $585.00 range. If its an early Tokai they are REALLY nice.

Comment

I gave a wide range in case it didn't have an EQ ($400) or if someone just got a bonus was buying ($800 LOL!).

Great amp - I'm kicking myself for selling mine, but it's been so long ago I don't remember how it sounds. But I have other EL84 amps that I'm getting great tones out of.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I truthfully told him the truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it when people truthfully tell the truth also! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
          X