What midi controller for my POD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What midi controller for my POD?

I'm looking for a footswitch for my POD 2.0 (not XT) and well, the standard 2 button is a bit limited, and the FBV4 with 4 buttons is expensive. The other big ass floorboards are just 100 pounds cheaper than an XT live so I won't even consider it. I'd need a decent, cheap-ish and simple midi controller that I can programme to use with the POD 2.0. Maybe 4 buttons so I can turn effects on and off and to scroll down banks. I'm not giving a price range as I'd like to know my options first.

Also, is a midi cable expensive? I'd need one for it right?
    So far there's the Behringer FBCV1000 or however it's called which is UBER complete and maybe just a bit overkill... and I have no idea how easy it'd be to programme. There's also the very simple Tech 21 midimouse.

Another question... On the pod manual there's a list at the back of midi references for each functions (bank 0 is midi 1, bank 2 is midi 2, something like this, up until 150 or so). When I get the controller, would I just need to input the proper values for the proper switches, plug in, and it'll work just like this?

Re: What midi controller for my POD?

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/show...true#Post602011

Best option IMO [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Can't argue with that one!!!
      It might cost a little to ship it to Scotland though!!!

Comment

The Behringer board is quite good, from what I've read at the Line 6 forums, and apparently not that difficult to work with either.
        THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Damnit Newc you're right! If you can ship to Europe, I may be quite interested [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I can ship anywhere that anyone's willing to pay [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

$57.75 to Scotland and it should get there in 3-5 days [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

160 for it, and the Behringer is 190 dollars new here.
              Would any of you guys get the Behringer? It's better for me in a way because:
              Added flexibility
              It wouldn't make me use paypal (I only have 300 euros left on my paypal and I may need it).
              Also, Newc, does the floorboard need external power? If so, wouldn't it be US power?

Comment

Newc

If the board is still available let me know.

do you take PayPal????

Comment

I PMed him before *sticks tongue out* [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Thats Ok

If you pass I will take it [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] sticks tonge out back at ya [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I NEED to find out how to do that emoticon [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]
                      Ah well I just did [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        160 for it, and the Behringer is 190 dollars new here.
                        Would any of you guys get the Behringer? It's better for me in a way because:
                        Added flexibility
                        It wouldn't make me use paypal (I only have 300 euros left on my paypal and I may need it).
                        Also, Newc, does the floorboard need external power? If so, wouldn't it be US power?

[/ QUOTE ]

Way better than the behringer, it is already programed andready to go. No power needed, the POD powers it with a cat 5 cable. Only one cord !!!!

Comment

Well I just bought Newc's [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Thanks everyone, and thanks Newc [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool, Congrats! I'm sure you're gonna be happy.

Comment

Working...
                            X