Digitech 2120 users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digitech 2120 users

I know a few lads here use this preamp on the road at high volumes-how the fuck do you use the noise gate on this thing [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Nearly every patch on the units have sustain killing gates,so you have to adjust them to allow notes to ring out with natural decay.Recording wise this is fine at low levels but i noticed that when i cranked it with my 8080 valvestate poweramp it had a mind of its own.
    To save my ears can any of you Digitech users tell me what settings you use with the fucking useless noisegate [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    thank you

Re: Digitech 2120 users

the people that i know that use them run them through the FX return on a boodie, and do not use any of the noisegates.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

i only use one channel, number 69-"west coast solo"
      and sprinkle on a couple of boosts and that's it. i still don't knowe how to use the fukkin' thing.
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

cheers dreamland i can always go that option if i have too but hopefully some users here can save me my hearing when i do it on the fly up close to the speakers at spanked levels

Atomic-yeahh mate thats a cool setting was messing around with that setting early(bought another 2120 as a backup and had to install the newest eprom for it to match my other unit)I tend to use the FSG 98 setting and the EVH 78 settings with the clean nylon patch for sparkling tones
        It is a realy good unit with the control one floor unit being able to change on the fly with ease

Comment

it's great sounding when the volume is low, but sure does lose a lot whebn you crank it up a ways. i could very well be wrong on this, but i don't think i am.
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

nahh your on the money mate once you spank it hard you have to adjust it as it changes a fair bit with high volumes

Comment

that goes for anything really.
              even home and car stereos
              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

My old guitar player had a 2120 and the noise gate was a worthless POS. No matter how you set the damn thing it sucked the life out of any ringing notes or touch playing with the volume knob rolled back.

Comment

Sup J? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                  mine works great at high vol. the only time i had ever had a prob with it chopping off is at extreem low vol. eveything i have except the deathwarrior has Emg's in them if that means anything. My in and out knobs are both set at 3 o'clock
                  the noise gate is set at.....

Type 1 Silencer 1 pre T+D

Thresh -55 Atten 3 Attack 1 Relese 4

do you use RPedit?

MOSH ON
                  DAVE
                  "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

do you use RPedit?

MOSH ON
                    DAVE

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you got RP Edit working with yours? I have hardly used mine in a long time but it should be seeing some use soon, and there should be a pc nearby to try and get the RP Edit thing happening. I have had the software for a while, just waiting for the chance to try it. It should be a whole lot better than the front screen, which I've forgotten how to use. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

ahh good man Mosh,i will try that setting you showed.Going by memory i think my thresh was -60 so perhaps that extra percentage works when i turn it up loud.great stuff you have saved my self some time and hearing before my next rehearsal.
                      I havnt got that rpedit!where can i download it?I used to use the pc editing on my old pod pro so fine tuning the digitech with the pc would be better.and easier for swapping patches

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

do you use RPedit?

MOSH ON
                        DAVE

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you got RP Edit working with yours? I have hardly used mine in a long time but it should be seeing some use soon, and there should be a pc nearby to try and get the RP Edit thing happening. I have had the software for a while, just waiting for the chance to try it. It should be a whole lot better than the front screen, which I've forgotten how to use. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                        yes, i have it working on my units [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                        just make sure your 2120 is vers 2.10 or later, or you will crash it and have to do a factory reset so they say. one of my 4 units is vers 2.02 and i'm gonna experiment to see just what adjustment makes them crash.

J.....

here ya go Bro [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

RPedit 2.2

you'll need MIDI in and out from your computer.
                        from the patches you have mentioned, you are running vers. 2.10 or 2.11 so you should be good to go. when you get it all up and running i'd like to check out your patch/s that you are haveing probs out of ....maybe i can be of some help [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                        MOSH ON
                        DAVE
                        "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

thats killer mate-i will install that on my protools PC(just opened it on this to see what the app looks like)
                            [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X