Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: V3 arrived - first impressions

[ QUOTE ]
    I have never owned a Carvin product and only ever played through one of their amps back in '85 (whatever their 100 watt head was back then) so I don't know much about them personally. At one point I was considering a Legacy when I got into a conversation with a local amp tech. He told me that of all the amps that he sees for repair that Carvin made some of the worst quality ones he had ever seen, including the Legacy. He was an independent with no alterior motive to sell me a different amp.
    Anyone else ever hear a similar story?

[/ QUOTE ]

There seems to be alot of anti Carvin bias out there. The inside of my Legacy is as nice or nicer than any Peavey I have had my hands in. Not that Peavey is the pinacle of build quality, but I usually don't hear the disdain about Peavey build like you do with Carvin. In other words, my Legacy's build quality is no worse, if not better than the typical Peavey, modern Fender, Marshall DSL/TSL, etc.

Comment

wow...sucks bro..thanks for the info..

I know their bass amps Rule..that's all I know..

I didn't like the Legacy...but I sure like Vai...I dunno..
      [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

My Carvin SX200D sounds great and I've had it for years, BUT... it quit working the first year I had it and got it fixed free under warranty. Then, it quit working again a few years later. The guy who fixed it said it was cheaply built, with car-stereo like parts. Anyway, it's fixed and works okay now, but I can't say that it's been that reliable. Sound is killer though.

Comment

I would just tell them to refund. Who needs the hassle/

Comment

yeah, i'm thinking about that. $1000 is a $1000 after all. i won't even get the replacement until the beginning of january...it's a hard call. the amp seemed to have potential, but i mean a thousand bucks is thousand bucks....
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Try another one. If it doesn't work out, get your money back.

Comment

Working...
              X