X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vetta HD review

I just got one with the longboard.
    In a word... AMAZING.

Don't believe your ears if you demo one in the store that a million shmucks noodled around with.
    Bring one home.. read the manual. Start from scratch and build your own tones. Its sooooo worth it.
    There really is no competition for a Vetta.
    FLAME ON BROS...

Re: Vetta HD review

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

better than your soldano sp77 rig?

Comment

Mate! you and your amps!Why is it so good then?lol
        Have heard many good things about the veta from players who gig-what are its strong points,and its faults

Comment

I'm glad that you liked it. I personally tried it for 1 year and sold it to get a JSX. It is a great amp. but to me I was never able to find "my sound". I felt it was missing something. It is hard to describe. Anyway, congratulations and good luck with the amp.

Comment

Something "missing" is right. Hehe...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              better than your soldano sp77 rig?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I like the SP77 rig much better. Its real. It sounds real. It is real. The Vetta is a copy. I guess you could call it "the supreme fake".
              It does a great job of faking. The best I ever heard.
              I need two complete live rigs for my 2 bands. My cover band in Connecticut requires several different tones and I need to get on and off the stage quick.
              In my NJ band.. I really only need 3 sounds. Clean, heavy rhythm and solo boost. They all need to be great and the band demands a very specific tone. The Soldano gives me that EXACT tone.
              I bought the Vetta because I needed it and I enjoy turning knobs and tweaking. The Soldano is already set up and requires nothing but me turning on the power and plugging in.
              With that said.. the Vetta is one amazing amp. I love it but it will NEVER replace my Soldano nor will it ever replace the SLO100 that I plan to get. I guess I am a tube and a modeling guy but if I had to only keep 1 amp.. I would keep the Soldano rig.

Comment

it will be in the classified in a few months [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Maybe weeks [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

The Vetta lacks the feel a tube amp has. However, I used to get a lot of kudos for my tone live... I would go front of house w/my wireless and hear it through the PA (mic'd, I think the direct outputs on the Vettas are sucky for live use but ok for recording).

Nice thing about the Vetta is that it's a 'do all' amp, if you have the time and inclination to tweak it. I used mine for a country jam, rock, metal, pop, etc... If you have the time and patience to tweak it, there's not a whole lot it can't do. My biggest gripe other than the 'feel' issue is that it doesn't have an intelligent pitch shifter.

There are a lot of neat things you can do with one though - like run a sealed 4x12 and route your overdriven amps to that side, and use an open back 2x12 for cleans. Or run the thing in stereo with two cabs (I used a stereo marshall slant) and have a HUGE sound, with two totally different amps on each side and fx.

I'll probably buy another one eventually - I'm wagering line 6 is going to update the software again and make it better. According to them there's a lot of room to grow with the dual sharc processors.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      it will be in the classified in a few months [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a chance. Neither amp is going anywhere. Actually... the Soldano is going to a gig tomorrow night and then off to the recording studio for the winter.
                      The Vetta will be my practice amp at home. I might use it for a gig I have on the 7th because Sambencuda who is in my band also has a Vetta. I never heard a band that had 2 Vetta's live. It would be cool I think.

Comment

BTW... I A/B'd the Soldano rig against the Vetta this morning with the same cabinets at the same crazy volumes.
                        Soldano wins hands down for the type of tone I am looking for.
                        The Vetta wins for every other tone. Fender, Matchless, Bogner, Deizel, Plexi, Vox, etc...
                        My favorite tone of all time is the Matchless Spitfire, Cheftain and C30. The Vetta has them.
                        I also really dig the double tracking, amp stacking and the doubler on the Vetta.
                        I will say one thing though... the G-Major blows the Vetta away in the effects department. It also has seemless spillover channel switching. The Vetta has a delay. Its very slight.. but its there.
                        Another thing. If you are thinking about getting a Vetta.. go with the FBV Longboard. It is totally worth it. Tons of useable features when you play live. Its a truly great foot controller.

Comment

So John... how do you like the Vetta???? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            So John... how do you like the Vetta???? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love it. Its so cool. What a piece of technology. I wish I had one of these 25 years ago!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              BTW... I A/B'd the Soldano rig against the Vetta this morning with the same cabinets at the same crazy volumes.
                              Soldano wins hands down for the type of tone I am looking for.
                              The Vetta wins for every other tone. Fender, Matchless, Bogner, Deizel, Plexi, Vox, etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

the Vetta wins until you can actually A/B it with the real thing [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X