X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vetta HD review

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    BTW... I A/B'd the Soldano rig against the Vetta this morning with the same cabinets at the same crazy volumes.
    Soldano wins hands down for the type of tone I am looking for.
    The Vetta wins for every other tone. Fender, Matchless, Bogner, Deizel, Plexi, Vox, etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

the Vetta wins until you can actually A/B it with the real thing [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]some of us dont have 10 grand laying around for that. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

let the countdown begin until John's Vetta is in the classifieds [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I had a vetta II head for 1 1/2 years. It was an ok amp. I was never fully happy with it. it was missing "something" as someone else had said. It was good for using in a cover band but for me wanting to do the metal thing in an all originals band, i just could never find anything that would work.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          BTW... I A/B'd the Soldano rig against the Vetta this morning with the same cabinets at the same crazy volumes.
          The Vetta wins for every other tone. Fender, Matchless, Bogner, Deizel, Plexi, Vox, etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

the Vetta wins until you can actually A/B it with the real thing [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine stood up pretty well to an assortment of boutiquey amps. Ask Sully, he was there. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your 100% right Shawn. The Vetta sounds great mainly because the other amps aren't around. Actually, not too many of my friends have super high end boutique amps. I guess thats why my 3 closest guitar playing friends all have 1 really good high power tube amp and 1 Vetta. I have a Soldano... my buddy Dave has a 1st gen Mesa Dual Rectifier and Jim has a Stiletto and we all have Vetta's.
            My buddy Dave has had his Vetta 2 head since they first came out and he has been as happy as a clam since he got it. He runs it through 2 Mesa oversized 4 x 12 cabs. His live guitar tone is absolutely killer.

Comment

Working...
            X