What is the general consensus of the Sovtek MIG 50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the general consensus of the Sovtek MIG 50

It seems like that one can pick up a MIG 50 for relatively cheap.
    For those that have tried them, how do/did you like them?
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Re: What is the general consensus of the Sovtek MIG 50

The Mig 50H is nice. Throw a pedal in front of it and you have a nice psuedo JCM800. The Mig 50 is the same amp but with less gain. The jacks and pots aren't the best quality but they are nice amps. BTW... I read that the Mig 50 is totally based on the Marshall Plexi.

Comment

They're pretty nice amps. For the money you can't go wrong.
      Jerry
      FJA Mods YouTube

Comment

Great for modding. The power and standby switch as with the inputs are all made of plastic.

Comment

Nice ...a friend of mine in Antithesis records with his all the time..with a modded Tube Screamer..that Cleve John's bro modded for him...

I like his tone MUCH better than when he plays his POD pro live..or recording..

So if you go to their site you can hear one in a metal format! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I have a mig 60 head and it caught fire once and my cousin modded it and rewired the head and gave it back to me and now with a good pedal it sounds great.
            This space for rent

Comment

a Vetta is like a picture of a nice Puss..

But I'd much rather have the puss.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Re: What is the general consensus of the Sovtek MI

LOL!
                Well, it's more correct to say that the vetta is a picture of LOTS OF PUSSIES! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X