Rack Wiring Suggestions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rack Wiring Suggestions...

I just brought my rack units and amp heads home from our rehearsal space. I've been running stereo through my XT Live the past couple weeks. Actually just payed a pricey repair fee from having a tech check all the stuff out also. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I was looking for suggestions from you guys on wiring everything up for optimum performance [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] This is what I'm packing...

2 Blue VooDoo BV 120's
    1 Crate cab (BV Model)
    1 Peavey Butcher cab

Rack Units
    1 Furman Power Conditioner
    1 TC Electronics G-Major
    1 BBE Sonic Maximizer (362 unfortunately)
    1 Rocktron Hush (older American made)
    1 Furman PQ3 (old unit, this one built in late 70's)

Thanks in advance for your wisdom and knowledge! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
    Hear the universe scream
    Bleeding from black holes
    Whom horns careless
    And whom God mourns

Re: Rack Wiring Suggestions...

George-L .155 cable and ends, and assemble it yourself. VERY simple and that cable sounds excellent. I run it with my CAE and high gain, with no issues. And the CAE tells all, I assure you, haha..

Comment

I use Belden cable and Neutrik connectors all home built.
      How do you control the 2 BV120's. Do you have some kind of switching system? Why do you need a Hush and a BBE? The G-Major has noise reduction and a Parametric EQ. You can enhance your tone pleny with a G-Major. The 362 isn't even that good for guitar. You are better off with a 422 although I don't think you even need that.

Comment

www.lavacable.com I just ordered three more cables from him yesterday, great stuff. I'm getting all my custom-cables from him from now on.

Comment

Yeah, Unless you feel it really makes your sound, I would also ditch the BBE, and definitely the Hush as the TC unit has a great noise gate unit in it..

I got your email, and I'll have to contemplate a good way to run those in stereo.

Comment

Yeah guys, I listed everything I have but wasn't implying I would be running them all together. The G-Major was the last piece I bought. I won't be using the 362 either, I'll have to grab a (442) I think it is? I was supposed to buy one here on the board a while back but dropped the ball. [img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img] I bought the G-Major before they added the EQ as well, so I got porked there. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Oh and thanks Cleveland, anything you can come up with, I appreciate it [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            Hear the universe scream
            Whom horns careless
            And whom God mourns

Comment

Aynone have bad experiences with monstercable??
              I love admins!

Comment

yup. i broke two ends off a monstercable speaker cable. the end just split right off... couldn't have been cheaper or thinner material. this was a Gold 1/4 plug. I used G&H for my rack.
                -Jon G

Comment

I use a Monster speaker cable and the little ones in between my pedals but I wouldn't rely on them for anything that is moving or being stepped on or anything. Not to mention I think you can get cables that are just as nice (as the standard ones anyway) for cheaper.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I bought the G-Major before they added the EQ as well, so I got porked there. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Oh and thanks Cleveland, anything you can come up with, I appreciate it [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Got a Midi interface for your computer? You can download the upgrade from TC's site...
                    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      yup. i broke two ends off a monstercable speaker cable. the end just split right off... couldn't have been cheaper or thinner material. this was a Gold 1/4 plug. I used G&H for my rack.

[/ QUOTE ]

The older 500 series are fine. The older 100s are even pretty decent. The new ones suck ass.
                      Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Got a Midi interface for your computer? You can download the upgrade from TC's site...

[/ QUOTE ]

No, no midi interface dude. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
                        Hear the universe scream
                        Whom horns careless
                        And whom God mourns

Comment

In that case who makes the good ones??
                          I love admins!

Comment

Nice job on the old PQ3 by the way.
                            Niec job. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

slevy007

Comment

Dude, why the hell are you bumping up threads that are a week or more old?
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X