hartke piggybacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hartke piggybacks

I was wondering if any of you had a chance to play or own one of these. The price seems right, and its got quite a bit of features, but the 8 inch speakers are kinda questionable. Any way I wouldn't mind a little input if there is any out. Thank's

Re: hartke piggybacks

I won't EVER buy another Hartke product again..NEVER!!

They are very feeble..and blow easily.

I bought two spankin' new Hartke XL cabs for bass..they sound great at low to low-moderate volume levels..but they flub with ANY bass head I ever used with them..bottomline is.. they suck ass!

But they are so fuggin' popular and they are NOPT cheap...I have NO idea why.. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Proline EV's and Carvin stuff eats anything Hartke for bass...no comparison!

If their guitar crap is anything like their bass products ...they can keep it as far as I'm concerned.

My .03
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I haven't been impressed by anything Hartke either. They did a good job marketing their company though because they are pretty popular with the bass crowd. Bill is 100% correct. I even have a set of Bag End speakers that blow the Hartke's away. They look cool though.

Comment

never used hartke cabs, but i like the heads.
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

John G just hit a great point..."they looked good"..and at the time soooo many top shelf bassist were using them at one time or another such as Stu Hamm and Will Lee of the David Letterman show..

so I wanted that "transient" attack..little did I know it was a transient Flub box..I used Yorkville, Hartke, GK 800Rb, Carvin and Ampeg heads with those Hartke cabs ..set they ohms right of course and they all flubbed when pushed and they didn't need to be pushed hard..

Bag Ends are KILLER..but my very favorite bass speaker were the old EV prolines the 18"s and the 10"s..Carvin lost the deal with EV in the 80's..so they did a GREAT copy of that speaker and put their name on it..I will use NOTHING else...and unlike the EV's the Carvins are extremely reasonable and you can NOT make them flub if you tried..and man I tried! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

MD..that Hartke heads are very cool..but I would invest in Carvin cabs..they are just THE BEST any money can buy..and they are VERY reasonable!!

I have yet even coming close to blowing them..and I gigged alot with them..and all the opening acts used them..before we came on..so they got a major work out and never failed to whoop ass!

Carvin Bass gear is THE shit IMO..

I still need to buy my 4th Red Eye Stack eventually..I will!

I'm way to good a bassist not to have bass gear..I'm 100 times the bassist I am a Guitarist..I want to level that a bit..but I don't think that will happen..

I have passion and fire playing guitar but Bass is in my blood.

Comment

man you guys aren't doing a very good job of convincing me to buy one of their guitar rigs [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] hopefully somebody has a little experience with the guitar stuff, or I wont waste the money.

Comment

Well, some good friends of mine in a band have them but they have never impressed me. I'd save your money and get something a little nicer.

Comment

Working...
                X