are Kranks any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are Kranks any good?

A bit curious about them. Never tried one and there's no where around here that carry them (Guitar Center's too far away). So are they any good or just overpriced?
    If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Re: are Kranks any good?

Some people love em, a lotta people hate em. I think they are overpriced, but this is a brand where ya gotta try one and form your own opinion. Crappy answer, sorry man, but honestly a lotta people are split on it, but more people hate em if it makes ya feel any better [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Haha, thanks for the input. Are they like too distorted or something else? Or just the feel or something?
      If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

Search for "Krank" in the Amps And Effects forum... You'll find at least 3 reviews basically saying "Wow, this is a terrible amp"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Haha, thanks for the input. Are they like too distorted or something else? Or just the feel or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

They managed to make a tube amp sound like a crappy Solid State Peavey practice amp. If your idea of good tone is scooped mids or a metal zone pedal running into a clean amp then Krank is for you.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I've been there with the Metal Zone and practice amp, and I don't wanna go back... ever... I tried the search, first for titles, but nothing came up, and then it wouldn't let me search again as usual.

Comment

Yep, just searched in title and posts and all that came up was this post.

Comment

For the amount they cost, you can get something way better off the 'bay.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Yep, just searched in title and posts and all that came up was this post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here ya go.

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...&Number=574856

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...&Number=572518

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...&Number=556184

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...&Number=542600

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...&Number=405141

Comment

Thanks, man. Now I know they're evil shitty pieces of overpriced crap imo. Haha, has anyone ever noticed you still type ebay when you type the bay?

Comment

"Thanks, man. Now I know they're evil shitty pieces of overpriced crap imo."
                      and here we go again....another krank basher who hasn't even played one [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                      i have not been able to play one (yet), so i won't say it sucks or it kills. however, i've heared god forbid playing krankenstein heads when they played here a few weeks ago, and they sounded better (imho) than the rectifier/5150 combo god dethroned had on stage before them. and i don't even like god forbid. furthermore, andy sneap is getting kickass results, especially when blending the revolution with a rectifier, for example latest nevermore and arch enemy

Comment

Yeah but Mr. Andy would get kickass clips also with a boss mg10 amp [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Krap is what they should be called.
                          First of all they don't have that warm tube sound character, secondly they are noisy as hell, only hiss and buzz.
                          Thirdly it is very popular to bash Kraps, I want to be popular [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I saw Loomis playing them in the last Nevermore tour, his rythms were terribly muddy and sounded like crap. the leads seemed passable. He sounded better with his Rectos, but not much better, haha...

I don't know that "our" opinion will ever be a popular one Endrik, haha...

Comment

How many Krank bashers have actually played one? Probably very few. It's just band wagon jumping as far as I'm concerned. I will reserve any judgement until I get to try one for myself.
                              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                              X