Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: are Kranks any good?

[ QUOTE ]
    What is your current rig, anyways? You were using a Road King, but I think you've changed that, correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, that was Matt - and Noodles owns that RK now, so it's still across the room from me. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I have a three-channel Triple, w/a G-Major, etc. Still sounds great - I apparently have a "good one".
    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Doh, all you metal guys look alike. LOL! What's Matt using now?

Comment

I will have to try one of these amps to see what they are all about. I at least give them 1 chance. Jack.

Comment

Well I said before that I had to eat crow over this issue because I was so sure I wouldn’t like it I wasn't even going to try one out. After hearing it with one of the bands we opened for (Stutterfly) next to a Duel Rec I couldn't deny how nice it sounded. (Krank Rev through matching cab) It stood out over all other amps including an Uber. It had the Recto growl with more definition. It wasn't harsh to me or anyone else there either. He had all the tone compliments and he only got it just before the show so he had no tweak time.

I do know my XXX setting are totally different when I'm playing at home, at a jam and live. all very different setting especially with the EQ. If I play loud I usually pin my ch volume and lower all my EQ settings. Otherwise it can sound very buzzy and solid-state like. So perhaps this amp just has to have particular setup as per the venue. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I wonder if the artist endorsement amps are a different animal than the production ones? I couldn't get a decent tone out of the krankenstein to save my life, and I have some pals on H/C that checked em out at NAMM, including the Revolution and they thought they sounded awful too. Weird.

Comment

To be quite honest, I wasn't really planning on getting one, too expensive for me ($1000 for a cab?!). As far as seeing guitar heroes in the ads and making me want one hasn't happened. I like Dime like most people probably do, but he isn't exactly a hero to me or anything, haven't really seen anyone else in the ads. However, now I'm curious about them and want to try one after reading how mixed opinions are.
              If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

I really wonder how many people who give an opinion have actually played a Krank amp.

I've spent alot of time with one (a revolution combo) and I have to say, it was one of the best amps I've ever played. I can't see how somebody can say it sounds like a metalzone through a solid state amp, that's rubbish. The Krank has one of the, if not the best metal rhythm sound I've ever heard, it sounds absolutely HUGE when you play it. I played through a combo (a bloody big one though!) and it sounded like a wall of stacks. Honestly, I think people should spend more time with these amps before they pass judgement.

Comment

I like my bedroom metal-zone->150$ solid state set-up much more than Kraps
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

The Kranks are made here in AZ, so a LOT of local bands here play them. Ive heard them sound like Crap and Ive heard them sound Absolutly Wonderful. It really just proves to me that its all in the player

[ QUOTE ]
                    I really wonder how many people who give an opinion have actually played a Krank amp.

I've spent alot of time with one (a revolution combo) and I have to say, it was one of the best amps I've ever played. I can't see how somebody can say it sounds like a metalzone through a solid state amp, that's rubbish. The Krank has one of the, if not the best metal rhythm sound I've ever heard, it sounds absolutely HUGE when you play it. I played through a combo (a bloody big one though!) and it sounded like a wall of stacks. Honestly, I think people should spend more time with these amps before they pass judgement.

[/ QUOTE ]
                    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

who owns 'em?
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        The Kranks are made here in AZ, so a LOT of local bands here play them. Ive heard them sound like Crap and Ive heard them sound Absolutly Wonderful. It really just proves to me that its all in the player

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess either the amp I played through was broken or I am awful at dialling in amps - because the krankenstein at GC in OKC sounds like hammered shit. maybe there is a trick to making one sound good, but everything I tried didn't work at the store - and if the amps only sound good at one setting, I'd rather have an old marshall.

pete

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A different Road King, plus he got an Engl Powerball.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                            What band is Matt in now?
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                              What band is Matt in now?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not. He's working on a solo project, but I wouldn't expect to see anything about it surface until late in the year.

Comment

Ah, okay. Cool.
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X