Speaker terminal replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker terminal replacement?

Just got a pair of Eminence Texas Heat speakers to put in my Crate 4x12. The guy who I got the speakers from took them out of a Fender where they were soldered in. There's still quite a bit of solder left on the terminals, and I can't get the push-on/quick-connect speaker clips in my cabinet on them because of the excess solder. I took my soldering iron and removed as much solder as I could, but I guess too much heat and bending made one of the terminals break off. Do they sell replacement terminals where I could easily put on a new one, or should I take it to a tech for replacement? I might as well do both speakers, since there's a few good globs of solder still there. All I wanted to do was easily disconnect the speakers and put new ones in without messing with the iron. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: Speaker terminal replacement?

Solder the wires to what is left of it and forego those sissy quick disconnects...

Just how quick do ya have to get those speakers out anyways... haha...

Comment

Re: Speaker terminal replacement?

Good point! Thanks, John. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Actually, I emailed Eminence earlier about the terminals, and they just got back to me and said they don't sell them to the public but they would send me two free ones in good faith anyway! How cool is that?!? [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
      X