Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the 5150 and *that* swedish metal tone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: the 5150 and *that* swedish metal tone...

[ QUOTE ]
    Then I saw them with POD pros and they still sounded pretty good ..it was a good mix anywhoo...I believe that was Clayman because they opened with "Pinball Map"!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, they just use the PODpro's straight to desk, and only for clean tones [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. You're still hearing 5150 distortion. Also, from my experiences, they tend to open up with Pinball Map or System at about every gig...

Do you really prefer Liva's voice? I don't really like it, to be honest. It sounds to me like he's straining to hard.

I'll second the Angela comment, though... fucking powerful, sexy stage presence.

Comment

Jeff Loomis and I caught Liva copin' a hummer in the only private room on the tour bus and he screamed on top of his lungs.."hey man..get the fuck out of here"..and he sounded just like he does on the albums.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Yeah, at first I didn't care for his voz as well..seemed monotone to me..not very dynamic.

But I picked up his Hearse stuff and Non-Exist and it's pretty cool stuff. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

"Yeah, at first I didn't care for his voz as well..seemed monotone to me..not very dynamic."
        thank god for that....i don't want to imagine what you would have done to the "voz" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I said Voz....awesome!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I was high...that's awesome too... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

there's no doubt about that [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I can't believe I said "Voz" ...I must have been in a good mood.. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Me Bill and john will always say

a 5150 + a BBE422 + a 5150 Cab= Coolness
                I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

i prefer Liva's vox to angela. and i know he sounds like shit. but that is what is so cool about it. it was different than every other deathmetal band. when you heard it you knew it was Arch Enemy! and it was good! it saddens me that it went from being the Brother's Amott metal band that was unique and all its own, to Mike and Angela's band - another generic swedish deathmetal band. chris amott doesn't even care to do it anymore. and i can understand why.
                  Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

"Me Bill and john will always say

a 5150 + a BBE422 + a 5150 Cab= Coolness"

YES!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

PS..and stay away from the Voz..it's mine!! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X