No announcement yet.

Going in for 5150 test. Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Going in for 5150 test. Suggestions?

"I think the 5150 clean channel is totally useable unless you are looking for a Fender or JC120 type clean. "
    +1 the 5150 is loud as hell, so you can easily keep the pre gain very low and still get enough volume. plus it can be used as another drive channel, too.

Comment

the clean channel on my combo with the JJ's in there actually sounds pretty nice.If I keep the pre gain below 4 and keep the crunch off, it's totally usable.
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

"Nothing tighter than a VHT Pittbull CLX-100, super tight, best speed metal amp on the planet, but not super versitile since it is very tight, but super tight and super loud and aggressive. Jack."

One word...Uberschall! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          "Nothing tighter than a VHT Pittbull CLX-100, super tight, best speed metal amp on the planet, but not super versitile since it is very tight, but super tight and super loud and aggressive. Jack."

One word...Uberschall! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that Ubershall actually means Speed Metal in some other language.

Comment

since mesas are being discussed heavily in this thread, are the DRs ok for bedroom playing?

I hear they can't make a good metal tone @ bedroom volume

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              since mesas are being discussed heavily in this thread, are the DRs ok for bedroom playing?

[/ QUOTE ]

They can but IMHO, the 5150 does an even better jobs at sounding great at bedroom levels.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They can but IMHO, the 5150 does an even better jobs at sounding great at bedroom levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I have a 5150, but I just sold it(I have to ship it tuesday)

Comment

I thought the SR was very good for that level. I was in a guitar shop, so that should classify as bedroom levels, no?

Not much experience with the 5150, couldn't tell ya. That's why I started the thread!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I thought the SR was very good for that level. I was in a guitar shop, so that should classify as bedroom levels, no?

Not much experience with the 5150, couldn't tell ya. That's why I started the thread!

[/ QUOTE ]

you'll love the 5150, when you get it I'll give you my 5150 settings

actually just PM me so I can reply to you with them in a few mins (otherwise I might forget)

Comment

Not getting yet, just testing to see if I want to get it. This is why I wanted those settings! I'm a decent amp tweaker myself, but there are magic presets that everyone has hidden in secret combinations that make an amp spring to life. I was hoping to run across one of those.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Not getting yet, just testing to see if I want to get it. This is why I wanted those settings! I'm a decent amp tweaker myself, but there are magic presets that everyone has hidden in secret combinations that make an amp spring to life. I was hoping to run across one of those.

[/ QUOTE ]
                        There is not alot of magic with the 5150. It sounds pretty good at just about any setting.

Comment

Working...
                        X