jackson amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackson amp?

I've seen a few Jackson amp's on the bay, and wondered what they were all about? Anybody ever play one?
    I love admins!

Re: jackson amp?

The combo on top is a Jackson Apogee 50, which. Very nice tube amp with Celestion Vintage 30s that seems best suited toward a Marshall-type hard rock tone. Not quite enough gain for most metalheads, and no footswitch to select channels, but still plenty versatile. The Apogee was designed for Jackson by Steve Mauriello, who was kind enough to email me some info. To my knowledge, the Apogee doesn't have anything in common with the "large logo" Jackson heads, but I could be wrong.

I just picked up the Jackson 4x12 earlier this month, and popular opinion is that the speakers were made by Eminence. I haven't gigged with it yet, but I'll have a full report around the end of January.
    sigpic

Comment

Hey! That looks like our old doorstop on top of the Jackson 4X12. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I like that cab. How's the Peavey working out for you?

Comment

Yep, that's the amp! I haven't had a chance to try outside of my apartment yet. For the moment, my plan is to continue using my pedalboard straight into the head like I do with my combo amps, but intend to experiment a bit with other setups. I've got a really good sound going right now using my ART Xtreme and Tube EQ into the VTM's high-gain input, backing the treble all the way down on the amp and using the Presence control to tweak the highs.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X