Ashdown Fallen Angel heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashdown Fallen Angel heads

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 heads. My wife and I were shopping on the net a few days ago and I came across one of these that is really reasonabley priced(I can afford). I dont know much about tham other than the fact that it is all tube. I dont have a music store locally and dont know anywhere I can go try one out.

Any information would be a great help!

D.

Re: Ashdown Fallen Angel heads

you're considering the old version or the new dsp version??

also i think even the old one you could get is made in china (they've stopped making them in UK about 1.5 year ago)

generally i don't like them - especially with the dedicated cheapo cab.
    but my buddy who plays in a band with my drummer has it and gets an "ok" tone from this.

btw. what music do you want to play on it? What's the amount of money you want to spend ?

Comment

I need to stay around the 600 dollar rance. I play some metal, mostly classic rock. I wont be using the standard cab with it.

Comment

I never thought I'd say this, but if you're not looking for something really loud, I'd go for a Line6 modeler. Seriously, if it's practice to small club gigs, it's WAY more worth your money. If you get this amp, you'll spend as much and be stuck with one sound that you might be able to achieve in the unlikely even that you could crank it. (this all assuming that you play small gigs like the rest of us might) With a modeler, you can get a bunch of different sounds that sound great at quieter volumes. You could do your classic rock and metal all on one amp. Fuck man, I go with two bands now. One metal, one jazz. Not many amps can handle that kind of diversity. You know what's in my trunk on practice day? A spider II. It kills for both styles.

If you're looking for the bigger stuff for big gigs, well good luck to ya on a $600 budget. Might be able to get an F30 of the Bay. That would do your classic rock pretty well. I'm not so sure about the metal part, but you might try throwing a TS9 in front of it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Might be able to get an F30 of the Bay. That would do your classic rock pretty well. I'm not so sure about the metal part, but you might try throwing a TS9 in front of it.

[/ QUOTE ]
          The Mesa F-30 does metal just fine, more than enough gain. Mine's for sale in the Classifieds. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That's who's I saw...

Comment

Heck, for $600 you have lots of otions, from the Crate BVoodoo to the Peavey Triple XXX-5150, etc. Now these are used, but great amps. Jack.

Comment

Working...
              X