mesa Tvebr VS Dual recto + reverb pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: mesa Tvebr VS Dual recto + reverb pedal

Remember also that when you buy an amp with reverb, you are stuck with that kind of reverb. Some of us like the reverb that it comes with, others of us don't. (See GodofRhythm and Toejam's posts) A seperate unit, be that rackmount or floorpedal, will often give you more than just one kind of reverb-giving you more flexibility. It give you more choices to pick out the reverb that you want.

[ QUOTE ]
    Don't judge an amp based on reverb or no reverb... a killer tone should be your #1 concern. Add cheesy effects later!

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

For the majority of the time, I really like an amp's natural reverb. If you buy the amp, like its tone but hate its reverb, you can always buy a processor or pedal and put it in the effects loop.

HTH

Comment

I love amp's spring reverbs but they have to be fucking great. Fender Twin has a great spring reverb, Marshall's suck monkey dick. But I use spring reverb only when I play blues. For heavier music it makes the tone muddy. A good rack processor is what you need, you can emulate the spring reverb with it.
      Mesa reverbs are pretty OK but I would take the Dual because I like it more and I would use the reverb from the processor.
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Dude get the tremoverb. I'm a HUGE metal head and the tremoverb is GODLY. Sounds MUCH better than the dual rec to my ears. I'm talking anything from grind to doom to jazz. TREMOVERB does it all!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]

Dual Recto-Very verstile amp, little darker and in my opinion on the 3rd channel high gain, this is a great amp. The pushed on the clean channel is great for 60's style music, then the raw on 2 and 3 gives you some nice medium rock, then vintage gets some great 80's metal to grundge on channel 2 and great heavy metal on channel 3. The modern is great if you want that style but never really got into it. I love the vintage on both channel 2 and 3 and that is where i would basically stay with this amp, this amp can truly do almost any style of music and in my opinion is the best bang for the buck out of them, but if your main style of music is metal, this is the amp for you!

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks you!

I needed to talk to someone that has played all of those!

I would be playing mainly metal, so I guess the dual recto sounds the best.

How would you say the dual recto plays in a bedroom? I heard it's hard to get the dual recto to sound full without getting it really loud.

I'm used to my 5150 (can sound great at relatively low volumes)

I'm really liking what I hear about the dual recto, I love metal but I also like to play a lot of the 80s rock stuff as well as classic rock.

would you recommend the dual recto for bedroom play, or do you think I should go for something else?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you can use it for bedroom play, but you have to adjust, first get a hotplate, second pull two tubes to bring it down to 50 watts and then you are all set. Yeah it wont sound "as good" as cranked, but you can get by. But honestly a great home player is a POD 2.0 through a stereo system and you can have them very cheap.

The best advice i can give you is you really need to check both of them out to see which voicing you prefer, i have always preferred the regular dual, and when you hear most recordings and artists that are using them that is what you are hearing. For a good idea of tremoverb voicing listen to incubus and POD, they both used tremoverbs.

Comment

personally i'd get a Rectoverb.
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Oh yea.. one more thing. If you are looking for a bedroom amp you should be looking at a modeling amp. Buying a Rectifier to play at home at bedroom levels is a waste or money and tubes. IMHO, a cheap Roland Cube 30 sounds way better than a Rectifier at bedroom levels and you also get a bunch of great effects too. I have a POD for home use. Its great.

Comment

For a bedroom amp, any of the Line6 Spider 2 amps are great. I can vouch for them.

Comment

I play with Vinny's 30wt 1-12" Spyder II all the time..more than my amps...because it's in the warm bedroom and conveinant..I like practicing with it alot...it covers alot of sonic ground for a practice amp...it can do any style really...for me!

You know what..fuggit...it you like stomps and they work for you..and you play better with them...go for it..who cares what others think..it's YOUR music...if the final product delivers who cares what tools were used!
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                  X