looks like Mesa has been busy.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looks like Mesa has been busy.....

They got a bunch of new stuff coming this year...

-Road King series II
    -Dual Recto Roadster (kind of a RK junior)
    -Stiletto Ace
    -Stiletto Deuce and Trident series II
    -Mark V

Should be an interesting year! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: looks like Mesa has been busy.....

OK can you tell us some details on these amps or you dont know?

Comment

It's in various areas of their website. Well, everything except the Mark V which I was wrong about...it's going to be a Mark IVC+.

Roadster
      RK II
      Stiletto II
      Ace

Comment

Cool, per Mesa's site, the Stiletto now has a more aggressive sound, plus they're offering a 50 watt version. I always thought that the Stiletto sounded like the perfect tube amp for me (hot rodded Marshall sound + a Variac! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]), but I've been scared off getting one thus far, as I've heard it is a bit light in the gain department.

With this new version, it sounds like Mesa may have rectified that (no pun intended - though that was a pretty good one). [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

new roadster http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_In.../roadster.html this amp sounds like what i need, however i just got a 3 channel rec for $975 that is only two years old so this will be on hold. Of course i really wish they would put the pushed channel on this amp.

And the roadking is the original page with info up top, all tube reverb now and they took the cleans from the loan star amps http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_In...g/roadking.htm

loan star special http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_In...tarSpecial.htm

The stiletto page, info at top, MORE GAIN is what these amps needed and tighter http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_In...o/stiletto.htm

The stiletto ace page wont load in.

Comment

here is the ace page http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_In...tilettoACE.htm

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              It's in various areas of their website. Well, everything except the Mark V which I was wrong about...it's going to be a Mark IVC+.

Roadster
              RK II
              Stiletto II
              Ace

[/ QUOTE ]

Opps just noticed you put in links....

Comment

Wow, everyone is throwing out new stuff this year. Thanks for posting it dude

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Well, everything except the Mark V which I was wrong about...it's going to be a Mark IVC+.

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Actually, there is supposed to be a Mark V. I remember reading something where Randall said he would make one... eventually.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where are you getting this information from? Is this just a rumour or is it coming from a legit source, NAMM etc...?

Comment

Dammit, I pick up a Road King late last year, and now they come out with the new and improved. That really sucks. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I think the Roadster might be interesting. Hmm...
                        Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Mark IVC+! Holy crap! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
                          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Roadster is VERY interesting....

If the rhythm sound is exactly like 3 channel Dual, the lead sound is Mark III and the cleans are decent then it's mine.
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Roadster is VERY interesting....

If the rhythm sound is exactly like 3 channel Dual, the lead sound is Mark III and the cleans are decent then it's mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not exactly voiced like a dual, not as dark, it will sound just like a normal roadking using 6L6's, but if it did have the dual voicing i would be all over it.

Comment

Working...
                              X