ordered a BBe sonic stomp whats it do? lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ordered a BBe sonic stomp whats it do? lol

i havent been on in a while how ya all doin? well anyway a while ago i posted about my blue voodoo 120hb amp and wanted to know how to make it sound better n stuff. some of you mentioned getting a sonic maximizer for it. so after monthes i finaly ordered one. it should be here on monday. ive been using my digitech genetix1 processor for a while but it doesnt cut through my drummers banging very well. so i decided to hook up my blue voodoo for shits and giggles and the voodoo cuts through nice n loud but i cant get anywere near the tone i want out of it unless i put my line6 dm4 distortion modler pedal in front of it and boost the shyte out of the distortion channel. i turn on the distortion chanel and turn the gain up to about 4 or 5 then i put the line 6 on either the tube screamer model and crank the shit out of everything for rythem tone or the metal zone model with gain around 6 for leads it sounds decent but the problem is i get nasty feedback like horrible crapp feedback not controlable feedback arrrgh! so i lower the gain on the dm4 and the feedback isnt quite as bad but i lose most of my sustain. if i could get the sustain right out of the amp without having to use the line6 to boost it it would be sweeeet. ive tried all the models on the dm4 to boost it, the compressor works ok for more sustain but its not enough. the overdrive and screamer models dont feedback like the metal zone but they also dont give me a ripping tone im looking for. so anyway back to the BBE sonic stomp what is it going to do for my tone? clean it up? make it bigger punchier? how do i hook it up before the preamp or in the loop? before the modeler or after? and if i use it with my digitech instead will the bbe make it cut through the drums any better? if it will ill just use that instead and trade the blue voodoo for somthin else. thanx for any help everyone [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]
    subscribe to my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/deathmetal44
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P-TymW-84g
    www.soundclick.com/gothmetalshredder

Re: ordered a BBe sonic stomp whats it do? lol

I've always used BBEs in the loop.

Always used the rack units and have used them all, don't use them anymore. Never used their pedals. I really don't think it will be the magic bullet for you my friend. But, worth a try of course.

Sounds like you have used a lot of the resources, you may contemplate a different amp possibly that suits you more. There is only so much you can do sometimes.

Comment

I've had my pedal for a couple weeks now and i love it. i've been using the racks for years. the pedal is awesome.

sounds like maybe you need a different amp. the bbe just cleans up you siganl and enhances everything. i can hear single not much clearer with the bbe.

Comment

ok i got my bbe stomp it makes the blue voodoo sound a little better but still kinda sux but if i use the digitech genetix 1 into the bbe the into the clean channel of the blue voodoo it sounds hella better!! everything sounds alot bigger and fatter. so soon im gonna take this over my drummers and see if it cuts through the drums any better? if it does ill just use it like this. ill go through the pa instead of using an amp see how that sounds. i might sell the voodoo and get a line 6 xt live or somthing?peace out
        subscribe to my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/deathmetal44
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P-TymW-84g
        www.soundclick.com/gothmetalshredder

Comment

You could try an EQ in the loop after the effects giving you the most feedback problems. You might be able to EQ it out and sound okay. For the most part I think you would just sound like somebody trying to fix the feedback with an EQ, but it might just work out OK. If you like your rig that much, it's worth a shot, no?

Comment

Just got my Guitar Player mag in the mail... Jeff Loomis is featured in an ad endorsing the BBE Stomp pedal. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

How are you running the BBE? Its best to run it in the effects loop.
              Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Working...
              X